Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Discovery 3

Options
  • 04-06-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone's got any experience good or bad of the Discovery 3 (2004 on). I am thinking of buying an '06 commercial and viewed one on Fri last. I know the previous model had reliability issues however I am led to belive that the current model is a far superior machine. Also, I've noticed a lot of '07 regs on the road (not as much as the Landcruiser, but plentiful nonetheless).

I like the idea of the TDV6 engine and, dare I say it, the perceived upmarket badge (when compared to Toyota LC, Nissan Pathfinder etc).

Any thoughts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I doubt anyone with any bit of cop on would consider a Discovery 3 to be more upmarket than a Land Cruiser. I know I'd rather have the Land Cruiser. That said, I think the Discovery 3 is a lovely looking motor and much improved looks wise over the older model. I know a number of people who have stayed away from them and gone for Toyota, Nissan and Mitsublishi based on their history.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Reliability is not a word that is associated with Land Rover. They look the part, but they are destined for many workshop visits - all at the owners inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

crosstownk wrote:
    Reliability is not a word that is associated with Land Rover. They look the part, but they are destined for many workshop visits - all at the owners inconvenience.

Land rover now owned by Ford, reliablity has improved significantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

The disco 3 is a great vehicle, very solid and quick for its size.

Good luck in your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I had one for a weekend and loved the motor and the auto box. It was a high end one with Sat Nav and air suspension, maybe a HSE I cant recall !

Anyway I loved it, and nearly changed my car for one. Then I realised that A. I didn't need an off roader and B. It was a Land Rover and it will innevitably give you trouble, Ford or not. However I have not heard of any horror stories !

• Advertisement
Advertisement