Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota service - problem

Options
  • 04-06-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

last year i left my mothers yaris in for a full servce at the main dealer at a cost of almost €300. they replace the spark plugs, brakes pads, air filter, oil etc. today i was checking the car out and discovered one of the brake pads is completely worn out but all of the othre pads are almost still new. does this mean after all the money she spent they forgot to replace one of the pads??
    now im thinking of going back to the dealer but im thinking they might run me since is been a few months.
    now il have to replace the whole set.
    should i ask for a set off them or what??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

When I see the words "Toyota" "service" and "problem" in the same sentence I usually think that there is a mistake. Toyotas are so reliable and most dealers are equally as good. However, you may have a problem with one of the calipers - it may be stuck and not allowing the brakes to release correctly which will cause accelerated wear to the pads at the wheel in question. Call your dealer - in typical Toyota fashion they will take it seriously and sort it out. Better still if it's under warranty............................

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Take it to the dealers, they will check it out. It's next to impossible to forget to do one pad and do the rest. As crosstownk said, they'll take you seriously,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If the car is relatively new (3yo or less) it's unlikely a caliper is binding/sticking.

A common mistake is to put in a pad in such a way that it does not slide easily within the caliper, causing it to burn out much quicker than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

JHMEG wrote:
    If the car is relatively new (3yo or less) it's unlikely a caliper is binding/sticking.

But it's not impossible - I've seen it happen - on more than one occasion (but never with a Toyota).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

crosstownk wrote:
    But it's not impossible - I've seen it happen - on more than one occasion (but never with a Toyota).
    Oh I agree, not impossible...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Any Chance the car is really really low millage and is driven very softly? this could also compound the problem of a sticky caliper. I agree with the above that its unlikely....

What sort of millage is on the car? If its very low millage i wouldn't imagine the brake pads needed changing considering it was a 2 year old car last year when they were done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

its a 2003 yaris with around 45000 miles. its had all sorts of driving. i drove it to
    college before i got my own car and that was from carlow to galway each week for almost a year. other than that my mother drove it to work and around town. when i took the wheel off i couldnt turn the disc with my hand. it was as if the brake were on so maybe the brakes are sticking...

Advertisement