Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat pictures and the like.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

bwmaward.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Boston wrote:
    Post reported, lets see what happens.

pram. toys. everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I fail to see how thats related to personal abuse. It's the recommend action to take when personally attacked. Unless you're trying to suggest that Phantom_Lord is some form of Toy I play with, which I suppose has some truth to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

r3nu4l wrote:
    If I recall correctly some of the SMods were first to respond with flippant quotes thus providing license to other mods and users to do the same.
    The thread predates the existence of the s-mods by a good few years.
    r3nu4l wrote:
    I've noticed that some of the more clever/knowledgeable users have on occassion posted in HelpDesk in the knowledge that this is a) treated with more gravity and b) not accessible to all posters!
    And c. it's where a lot of threads should be that end up here for some reason.
    Boston wrote:
    Feedback isn't strictly moderated simply because its nature. It's more or less self moderating.
    Yes, self-moderated by cats.

Let's ban the cats and the threads about particular bans (and other things that aren't actually feedback, but threads about particular bans are definitely the most numerous offenses).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Talliesin wrote:
    The thread predates the existence of the s-mods by a good few years.

You're obviously thinking of a different thread to me so because the one I'm talking about was only a few months ago. I may or may not (bother to) search for it and post a link up...

EDIT: Here we go. That function that allows us to sort fora by the name of the Thread Starter is pretty useful! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

nah, I just think you're a moron tbh.

+1

Sorry, should i know you? And does that +1 mean you're a moron as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jesus Boston, how many boards.ie users did you shag and dump?

Quiet alot by the looks of it. Jesus the stuff/Creatures I do when drunk. Phantom_Loard and Kenny, I never meant to make you guys cry, yeas never told me it was your first time. I respected both you guys in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

DapperGent wrote:
    Weird, I see most of Boston's posts on feedback as useless confrontational bollox. I hate the stupid cat picture etc. fad as I just don't find it funny, comparatively speaking I find them far more worthwile than Boston's posts though.

lol, that was exactly what i was thinking as i read this thread. QFT

• Advertisement

Thats it, I'm going straight.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We dont often ban people from feedback to avoid the criticism of silencing objectors. That said, if a user is causing serious issues or clearly a troublemaker we will boot them for a while.

Boston and Phantom, you are both guilty of attacking the poster (boston with his "bittter much?" comment and Phantom with his rather more direct "moron" comment. Both warned but I'll let it slide, this time.

Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have 3 cats now.

i like cats. they are so cute and playful. i like funny cat pictures as well.

ban dogs. they are evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

i do like the cats wanted to show the sister .
    But as u know the new fad is hamsters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

cuppa wrote:
    i do like the cats wanted to show the sister .
    But as u know the new fad is hamsters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

I bet thats the "rick rolled" one. Jesus, thats as old as the cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Anti wrote:
    I bet thats the "rick rolled" one. Jesus, thats as old as the cats.

Neva' gonna tell a lie, and hurt you!!!!!

Oh the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hamsters are old skool.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

yup cat fad dead....

www.perpetualocean.com-tetherdcow-cowimage-godkittens.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I agree with the OP for some reason....ah yes the reason is this-feedback! it's a pain in the hole to be told to come to feedback for the first time to air your grievances then be greeted with the pack mentality of some older, higher post counted bearded board members. I like the idea of the whole cats thing, and some of them have made me laugh. I did think that the whole point to use them was when the issue had been resolved, but now I think it has been abused to the effect to troll the new person. Thats just silly. and childish. silly and childish. and gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You use Gay as a derogitory comment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

6th wrote:
    You use Gay as a derogitory comment?

Lots of gamers and interweb peoples do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah yes, the pinnacle of social evolution.

Ah right, must just be something I'm not used to?

6th wrote:
    Ah right, must just be something I'm not used to?

Why the question mark type question?

How the fúck am I supposed to know what you are used to.

Whats with the attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

No you shut up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yes, lots of gamers and interweb people are homophobic morons.

Talliesin wrote:

carefactoryif0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

feedback is a mess. i dunno about the rest of you, but i used to come here for a laugh, usually in the form of a witty put down.

we need to set up a series of solid rules for complaints or feedback. clear and concise descriptions of the problem/gripe would be a start. any thread were it is not immeaditily obvious what the problem is should be locked. that should sharpen up their pencils a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Talliesin wrote:

I'm not homophobic. A moron at times perhaps, but I couldn't give two hoots which way a person swings. The term gay as an insult has taken on a new meaning in recent times (as it did before when changed from meaning happy to homo) and is not intended as direct put down to anyones sexual orientation. It has found it's way into my common everyday usage because at first I used it to take the piss out of teenagers that use it.
    Actually what I should have said was: 'thats soo gay'. But like anything, you get used to saying things so much that you think nothing of it.
    There was a thread about it's common useage recently in After Hours.

Advertisement