Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior cert in 2days!!

• 04-06-2007 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi evry1!!
    J.c startin on wednesday..Hows everone feeling bout it?:confused:
    I had this whole week off but i didnt do much study!! :eek:
    How did you all do in the mocks?

I got:
    English-A
    Maths-C
    Irish-C
    Science-C
    Geog-B
    History-B
    French-C
    Business-B

i think thats all the subjects!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Got a fair few Bs in the mocks and a couple of As with pretty minimal effort so I'm not all too worried seeing as I put a bigger effort into it this time (Though probably not enough for what I want).

The exams starting doesn't really phase me when it comes to study. Sure, I'll be spending tomorrow learning off quotes and such but I'm not ready to give up on the study routine I have in place.

I do need to go to bed earlier though. Unfortunately, the DS is far too addictive. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

i got 69 in four things. lol :) pissed me right off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

strongr wrote:
    i got 69 in four things. lol :) pissed me right off

You're not alone!

Alot of our pre's were poorly corrected according to our teachers....they said had they been corrected properly we would have recieved much higher grades

I'm gonna be wrecked after English tommorow.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

English is gonna be okay, Maths is worrying me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I like English, but after the exam my hand will be like broke :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

strongr wrote:
    Yeh, i hear that. I remember the pain setting in in the exam after paper one in the mocks whatever it was:rolleyes: . I think i'm grand on English and Maths, Irish is the only subject i might struggle on i think.

Hehe:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19 aislingorourke

strongr wrote:

Yeah hopefully english will be okay..sore hand is my only worry..! learning off quotes all of today.. :rolleyes:

''He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in all the rest, we shall resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge! If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge! The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.''

Learned that for the mocks and still remember it!
    Is anyone else doing merchant of venice..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Yeah hopefully english will be okay..sore hand is my only worry..! learning off quotes all of today.. :rolleyes:

Learned that for the mocks and still remember it!
    Is anyone else doing merchant of venice..?
    Nah good learning though my school did Romeo and Juliet One quote(clears throat)
    Oh be some other name.for what is a name for which we call a rose for which would still smell as sweet:D

Nah good learning though my school did Romeo and Juliet One quote(clears throat)
    Oh be some other name.for what is a name for which we call a rose for which would still smell as sweet:D

Oh Romeo and Juliet !! I wish we did that!! Im dreading maths :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

strongr wrote:

I was so wrecked after my english exam, I came home and tried to fall asleep in the garden, but to no success........ Twas somewhat enjoyable doing the exam tbh. Doing the JC was more fun than school, I'm not lying, everyone who I spoke to about it agrees with me!

There's no point giving study tips now because different things work for different people, but do your best and don't give up; just one piece of information remembered in the last minute can bring you up a whole grade.

Also, just be thankful you're not doing the LC.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

I was so wrecked after my english exam, I came home and tried to fall asleep in the garden, but to no success........ Twas somewhat enjoyable doing the exam tbh. Doing the JC was more fun than school, I'm not lying, everyone who I spoke to about it agrees with me!

There's no point giving study tips now because different things work for different people, but do your best and don't give up; just one piece of information remembered in the last minute can bring you up a whole grade.

Also, just be thankful you're not doing the LC.......
    Ye i have to say, the mocks were a doss compared to school, doing exams aren't that bad, the only bad time is when you don't know what to write or you don't know the answer to a question and you don't know what to do.

Ye i have to say, the mocks were a doss compared to school, doing exams aren't that bad, the only bad time is when you don't know what to write or you don't know the answer to a question and you don't know what to do.

Yeah the mocks were a doss!! How many honours is every1 doin? im doin all honours :eek: haha..

Im bringing two calculators to maths incase my battery dies..it happened my cousin in her leavin cert..but she was on her last question so it wasnt too bad!!

Yeah the mocks were a doss!! How many honours is every1 doin? im doin all honours :eek: haha..

Im bringing two calculators to maths incase my battery dies..it happened my cousin in her leavin cert..but she was on her last question so it wasnt too bad!!
    Oh god that sound awful almost like a thing that you thiink wouldn't happen:eek: .Well I am doing 10 honours I am only doing pass Irish(I was not born here so I have an excuse:D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ha I'm bringing two as well. Also a small army of pens, pencils, etc.

We had a study talk a couple of months back and the lecturer was telling us this story about a lad doing the JC and he forgot his calculator. So he gets his mom to bring it in and when the supervisor gives it to him, he sees that she's brought him the remote control :D

Haha!!:D

Conor108 wrote:
    Ha I'm bringing two as well. Also a small army of pens, pencils, etc.

We had a study talk a couple of months back and the lecturer was telling us this story about a lad doing the JC and he forgot his calculator. So he gets his mom to bring it in and when the supervisor gives it to him, he sees that she's brought him the remote control :D
    yeah our leturer gave us the same story what an idiot was a short lad with black hair and an english accent????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Might of been, can't really remember although I do remember the english accent

Advertisement