Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief2X v1.1 Released

Options
  • 04-06-2007 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

All you Thief fans who have a copy of Thief II - should download the largest and most successful FM addon - Thief2X v1.1. It is the final release that clears up remaining issues in this 13 mission packed adventure where you play Zyra, a female thief (and not Garrett). It's 650Mb big and requires the Thief 2 install. I played it going back (v1.0) and it is one of the highest quality FMs out there. Thief2X v1.1 was actually final back in February but I forgot to mention it. Play it before you get too graphical spolit by today's games.

http://www.thief2x.com/default2.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so its just fan missions, no graphical/texture update lke Deus Ex got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

quarryman wrote:
    so its just fan missions, no graphical/texture update lke Deus Ex got?

Nope, but I think this says it all: :)

"After five years of solid work and hard effort, five years of amazing support from the community, we hope you'll enjoy stepping into Zaya's shoes and living her tale of survival and revenge in the corrupt shadows of the City."

13 missions - even Thief II only had 8 - this team effort involves a huge story that takes place between Thief I and Thief II timeline. There are new graphics but are used for the plot and are based on the same dark engine.

cool. gonna go see if i can find my thief 2 discs. downloading the add-on now.

I remember playing the demo of thief 2 years ago. The level took AGES to load on my old Dell (which was a good PC at the time).

It really was an outstanding game. Looking forward to playing it again. thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

quarryman wrote:
    cool. gonna go see if i can find my thief 2 discs. downloading the add-on now.

I remember playing the demo of thief 2 years ago. The level took AGES to load on my old Dell (which was a good PC at the time).

It really was an outstanding game. Looking forward to playing it again. thanks for the link.

No bother. Patch thief II from 1.07 to 1.18 first (if its not already). Then install T2X1.1 and finally look out for a nocd patch out there for thief II. Putting the CD in all the time would drive me insane. :o Yup, same here about performance - should be no problem now. Hopefully I remember that the best res was 1280x1024 so it will match the lcd screen I have.

loaded everything up and gave it a go last night.

stuck already but i'll figure it out. it seems ok but its obvious its fan-made though. Some of the early voice-acting is REALLY bad. And the graphics were good at the time but have aged poorly.

like the blog btw, keep up that retro gaming!

• Advertisement
Advertisement