Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Wexford?

Options
  • 04-06-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello folks

Am taking myself and the good lady down to Wexford country for a weekend in a bit. I was looking for a half decent campsite within taxi range of Wexford town for some grub / beer.

Anyone any suggestions? I see a few things about a site at Ferrybank but theres no pictures anywhere which sets of my suspicious side....

Cheers in advance
    Kyle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jac83

The camping in ferrybank isnt to bad its right beside the riverbank house hotel just over the bridge.its in walking distance of the town,just a few minutes and taxi ranks are around the town if u wanted to travel outside the town but u really wouldnt need a taxi from town to there, theres also a public swimming pool there, a walk around the marina and a small playground there for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Thanks - is there anything out Curracloe direction at all?

Don't think theres a proper camp site per se.. but people do sleep over on the beach, but from your post thats not what you are looking for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wexfordcaravans

morris castle strand in Kilmuckridge is a nice spot.., you also have the trading post at the Un Yoke on the R741

Advertisement