Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo GT vs. Mazda RX8

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Unkel,

you're not a bespectaled person now are you? :D

Or in need of them :p

Trig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

aidofitz wrote:
    ...To be honest, am not a bit petrolhead, so the look is probably more important than anything else for me :) Probably something 3 or 4 years old, for about €25k. Am thinking about either an Alfa Romeo GT or Mazda RX-8. ...

Both the Alfa and the RX-8 are going to need someone who looks after them and keeps an eye on all the vitals and ensure they get serviced correctly. Are you that person? While I think they are both great, I would say something like the S2000 is as flash but you could treat as a regular car.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Triangle wrote:
    Unkel,

you're not a bespectaled person now are you? :D

Or in need of them :p

Trig

I am very lucky to have ended up with 20/12 vision many years ago (granted, after an eye operation) ;)

Well, I have to respect your view then (damn it!!!!!)

Well, only a little bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Seriously though. Apart from any other factor, do you not feel the Alfa GT is better looking than the RX-8?

• Advertisement

I've forever had a crush on the '71 corvette.
    When i saw the RX-8 - it immediately reminded me of it.

the sweeping fenders, the sloped rear window, the low 'fat' sleek design of it.

It was like getting my dream with a modern car that was comfortable to drive, didn't break down every 200 miles and handles corners.

There is (in my mind) no comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

As an ex owner of a GT 1.9JTD I could not recommend them highly enough. I sold mine as I had too many cars and had to balance the budget - nothing to do with the car itself which was great.

The rear hatch area can suffer from rattling though but once you don't let that get to you you will enjoy the car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Mmmm...

I know all the scare stories about Alfas but the GT would probably be the most 'sensible' of the range and the 1.9JTD has a decent reputation for reliability AFAIK.

Personally I think the GT is far better-looking than the over-hyped Brera...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Interesting replies and comments on two very different cars! Good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Mmmmm ... think I'd go with the RX8. Both are fine looking cars. Arguably the Alfa is a bit better looking. The Rx8 looks a bit odd from the back around the rear window and rear quarter lights. Not too sure about the interior either. Alfa looks good from all angles.
    If you have any need for 4 doors then its no contest.
    The Wanker engine adds the cool factor ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement