Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's tomorrow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I wouldnt touch Plaths poetry with a five foot pole if I can get away with it. Only Eliots would be as hard to write about. His poetry is interesting just far too deep and complicated for LC tbh. If he was guaranteed hed be good but hes not so......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Hoping for Plath/kavanagh..covering those two and Frost. Covering Yeats...a bit. Bishop..ughhh....noo..could bluff my way through..it's not a huge amount of marks now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

i kinda agree... everyone will be doing Plath, but god dammit! i get her poetry.. so if she comes up, **** it! hahaha

Frost is a handy one too, but he's hard to write a 4page essay on. same with Kavanagh - all his poems have the same frikin themes in them!

..why must we have SO much to learn for English! :mad:

3 Comparitives
    6 Poets @ 6 Poems each
    A Play - Mabeth, where we need to know all the main charachters, with all the MILLIONS of Themes that run though everything

THEN..

Do a comprehension, an Essay and a Creative Writing Essay thing that must be about 4 pages long

*DEATH TO WHOEVER INVENTED THE LEAVING CERT!*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea when it came down to it, i have just "covered" Kavanagh, Plath and Frost. If Plath and Frost come up i will do Frost as everyone will be doing Plath. I love Frost's poetry and it is probably my favourite, 'Out Out' is quite the poem and i know Aquainted with the Night perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

id say there already dead:p

FYI : u can just do 2 comparitives!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Only if that type of question comes up though right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

No Wrong !!!! Two types will come up so if u do two well then u will def have one of them come up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Oh modes, I thought you were talking about text. Yeah I've only done 2 modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

My wrist shall curse the inventor of the english exam and the geography exam.(Id say irish but i cant really write that much for it :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

well although you can get by with two, it may ask "and in addition of a third text"... did in examples and stuff we did in class.

i wouldnt throw the 3rd one away just yet! :eek:

• Advertisement

Best of luck tomorrow guys. Once you get started you'll be happy to know that it'll fly by...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I just hope everyone starts thinking "ah feck it, everyone's doing Plath, I'm gonna do something different". Let us Plath-understanders be in the minority then!

Advertisement