Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fermacell

Options
  • 04-06-2007 11:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

anybody there used Fermacell instead of plasterboard? And is installing it a diy job? I hear it's much better for noise deadening.

thanks,
    J

Comments

Yes, I used it in every room in the house.

Sound reduction is good but only when used with insulation between the sheets in a stud wall. Another advantage is that you can fix things to the wall with just screws, strong enough to mount stuff directly on to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 watchingandwait

We used it on our house aswell, it seems to have been a success, saves money on plastering aswell. You'll get more info on it at fermacell.co.uk.

The one thing i'd say about it is that it is much heavier than plasterboard.

The one thing i'd say about it is that it is much heavier than plasterboard.

Yes!! I looked like popeye after doing the ceiling single handed!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭jdpl28

where can you get it? Do Chadwicks stock it?

Advertisement