Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a mixer and monitors!

Options
  • 04-06-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Alright lads!

We've just moved into our own rehearsal space and we need a mixer and some monitors. ATM we have a mixer from the 80s which is a tad ruggid.. and there was a bundle going with an amp and 2 250 watt monitors for 550, but that will EAT power.

Power is a bit tight on the premisis (its free, beggars cant be choosers), so we need a mixer that will be able to power the monitors and compete with the amps.

We have an MBOX aswell, which we are looking at using for doing some recording with, and we have 3 DI boxes.

Can anyone recommend something around the 500 mark(600 tops)? Mixer and speakers!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Are you talking about a PA here, or studio monitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

well, either or - what you would find in your average rehearsal room!

I would assume its a PA and speakers, but the lads (who know a tad more than me i think) kept going on about a mixer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Thomann do own brand bundles all the time for decent enough prices. Not earth shattering quality but on a budget they're pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

As mentioned above, Thomann the box or Music Store Fame for cheap shop brand throwaways.
    On a sidenote I'd suggest you try educate yourself a bit more on basic PA set-up and gear, namely the active/passive speaker options and the difference between a powered and an unpowered mixer.

But if on a tight budget and if yiz really cant be arsed, any of the thomann packages will do in the sense they'll make sound of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Theres a guy on adverts.ie selling a pair of basass active monitors (Event) for about 300 quid. I would if I could afford it. Good dealeo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement