Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New C-class TV ad..

Options
  • 05-06-2007 12:24am
    Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭

anyone seen the TV ad for the new c-class?
    Just saw it on hallmark there and the car looks pretty damn good
    in moving pictures. They have a white sport version in the ad, very similar
    to the one in some of the magazine reviews.

Certainly looks to be proper competition for the 3 series and the A4, it is ahead in looks imo. Although will be interested to see the new A4 in frankfurt.
    Up until now I would have always seen the c class as a much older mans car, but this one looks like it could work for them in breaking that perception, at least in the sport version.

Or am I just catching up with them age wise??

07-c-sport-f3q-a.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

anyone seen one in the wild in Ireland yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Even the otgoing model was every bit as good to drive as the 3 series. I had a new C200K Avantgarde(Same spec. as above pic) in 2001 and you could really hustle it along a back road.

I chose the Avantgarde as it had the Aluminium trim inside, 16" wheels and Sports suspension. I also got the 6 speed manual and the car was a hoot to drive. I had a 3 series (E36) and an Alfa before that !

However the 6 speed just didn't suit the car. It was much better than typical Merc manuals, but not as nice as the BMW box.

The manual box was actually the reason I decided to change the car so I would always recommend an Auto for a Merc !

That W204 C-Class does look well indeed, and the build is alledgedly far superior (I never encountered any issues with mine BTW)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

according to reviews they still haven't caught up with the BMW 3 series as a driving car. not saying it is true as the reviews tend to spot differences that I certainly can't tell but am certainly going to be looking closely at this as an option when a merc would never have been on my radar before tbh.

Having said that I'll be waiting to see the new A4 before I make any decisions. Personally it'd come before merc and then bmw in desirability all other things being equal..

Advertisement