Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car rental

Options
  • 05-06-2007 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭

so im 19 so most internet sites i go onto say i cant rent a car from them.

anyone know of any companys that will? or let me get insurance... ( in my insurance policy it says i wont be insured if its a hired car ( 3rd party on any car i drive)
    maybe if i tell them maybe ( my insurance company that is) that im renting a car will they allow it?

also it would help if they are in belgium and can be left off in spain!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think you have any chance of getting a rental at 19 I'm afraid. Most companies have a lower age limit of 21 or 23 on the continent, and even then will charge you extra for being under 25. I had to pay over 100 euros extra for 5 days car hire with Hertz in Switzerland a couple of months ago. I'm 24 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    because im smart :P my insurance was a grand also for a 1.6 skoda!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i price car rental in new york,, up to 75 dollars extra per day ontop of the norm 4 being under 25!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 watchinpaintdry

21 seems to be the minimum age to be honest. Some places have an extra charge for under 25's too, as mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

new york is min age of 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ianbrennan2000

try www.carjet.ie not sure but worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

try www.carjet.ie not sure but worth a try
    They're not a car hire company themselves, although they'd like you to think they are, but a broker between yourself and a bunch of other car hire companies, who'll pretty much have the same T&C across Europe, i.e. minimum age 21.

Advertisement