Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7th/8th Subject

Options
  • 05-06-2007 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Thought that this might be an interesting thread.
    What are peoples 7th or 7th and 8th subject, the subject(s) that they don't plan to include in there main 6 subjects (i.e. in the points)?

Got to be English for me, because I'm crap at it, and my 8th is Business since it just generally sucks as a subject and I've no interest in it.

Also how are people planning to study these subjects? I'm assuming they are going to be pushed to the side etc. to focus on the other ones. I'm personally going to try to put quite a bit of effort in on Wednesday (want to prove that bitch of a teacher wrong).As for Business. . ermm, no comment.

Which subject(s) will you not be including in your points? i.e. your 7th/8th subject 42 votes

Math
    0% 0 votes
    Irish
    19% 8 votes
    English
    52% 22 votes
    French
    7% 3 votes
    History
    11% 5 votes
    Physics
    2% 1 vote
    Biology
    4% 2 votes
    Chemistry
    0% 0 votes
    Economics
    0% 0 votes
    Geography
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

A little off topic

Lets say you pass Maths but don't include it in your six subjects, does it still meet the matriculation requirements of having to pass it or must it be presented as part of your six subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

alan4cult wrote:
    A little off topic

Lets say you pass Maths but don't include it in your six subjects, does it still meet the matriculation requirements of having to pass it or must it be presented as part of your six subjects?
    Of course.In fact thats what i'm doing.I'm discounting Maths as I do pass maths, and its pretty worthless for points.I still need to get a C3 for my first choice course....but that should be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Irish (pass), German and LCVP

But ya never know, I might be glad of LCVP or german when the time comes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Physics, and maths, but primarily physics. I hope to get a distinction in lcvp to cover pass maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Maths, since it's my only pass subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Maths and Irish/LCVP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

History. What a vile subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

French(HL) and/or Irish(HL). God I hate languages. (besides english , im decent at that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Irish(HL) and English(HL) i would think.

Whch ever of the 8 I do worst in really.. I've never liked english or irish so I've never really put in as much work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Eefsie

When i dropped to pass maths i was sure that it would be my 7th but now as i see how screwed i am for fyzix plus how much i loath the stupid subject thats defo gonna be thrown by the wayside till the day before!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭m-a-i-

i think it was economics for me at last i think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mrac

irish and french for me .... i hate languages..........

Advertisement