Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points decrease

Options
  • 05-06-2007 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Ok, I heard that there has been a dramatic decrease of people applying for third level this year, one of the girls said she heard Gerry Ryan talking about it, is this true do you wreckon? If so do you wreckon the points will go down loads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Apparently we're in a dip, and for the next couple of years things are gonna stay low, then shoot back up.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontpage/2007/0529/1180134078574.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Glitteronsnow

Oh praise the lord. Thank you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Noooo. The numbers taking the Leaving are down, but the numbers doing the CAO are up by 2000. Says the CAO figures, available on the website. I'd say points will stay the same as last year, maybe go up by 5 or something small for the courses where the numbers are up a good bit on last year's...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Noooo. The numbers taking the Leaving are down, but the numbers doing the CAO are up by 2000. Says the CAO figures, available on the website. I'd say points will stay the same as last year, maybe go up by 5 or something small for the courses where the numbers are up a good bit on last year's...

Link?

<Edit>

Found it, http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/content.htm
    So it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

mp3guy wrote:
    Link?

<Edit>

Found it, http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/content.htm
    So it is.

Great! :mad: law went up from last year. dont suppose theres any way of finding how many of those applied to which uni?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Omg rain on the parade :( I'm so not getting my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ah better than going 'Yeah deffo, numbers are WAYYY down'. Like I said, can't see anything jumping like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Id say theyll stay stable. Let us hope the extra CAO applications are due to CAO almost compulsory to do even for ppl not fit for or dont want to go to college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Id say theyll stay stable. Let us hope the extra CAO applications are due to CAO almost compulsory to do even for ppl not fit for or dont want to go to college

Yeah I know at least four people that filled in a CAO but arnt going to take a course off of it, so if theres four or more in every school in Ireland that filled it in just for the sake of it like...

Im going to defer my course if I get it, because ive decided to do an art portfolio course next year and I have it just incase I change my mind half way through the year. I really want to get into the NCAD but apprently over 1000 people apply and only 160 get in, and only 80 of those people come from a portfolio course

Advertisement