Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society Donations?

• 05-06-2007 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

I know I could email someone on this but I was hoping for a quick answer. In my constitution it says that it is acceptable to take donations to the society however due to the strict nature of the rules I feel I should check this before I accept any. I cant see anywhere in my Codes of Practice that accepting a donation rather than sponsorship is not allowed. Is it allowed? Thanks

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I don't know, nobody ever wanted to give us money, really. You could put said donor down as a patron, if there's any quibble? Just make sure it's well documented and have it clearly accounted for in the accounts, and there shouldn't be a problem, I'd imagine.

Where is Gregg O'Neill! Worst lurker ever! ;)

You could always e-mail him, ucdsocietiescouncil@yahoo.ie (I think that's it anyway, it's so long since I've needed it...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks Blush, as always a light in the dark ;) (get the no bulbs reference!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gregg

Pretty much what Blush said. (Damn you for beating me to it ;) )

Yes, all societies can accept donations. They should just be treated like any other income, and recorded in the accounts, noting where the donation came from, if it was raised through fundraising etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks for your help Gregg and Blush, thats good news to hear.
    Best Wishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yep personal donations are absolutely fine but as Blush said make sure its well documented. Otherwise you will have a very suspect 'it was resting in my account' scenario like we had in second year with world aid soc!

• Advertisement
Advertisement