Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Player 11 trouble - please help

• 05-06-2007 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I tried to install Media Player 11 onto my XP windows. It downloaded, but won't fully install, so now my media player situation is in limbo, I can use neither WMP 10 or 11. is there any way of rolling back to 10?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It should be under Add/Remove Programs (tick the Show Updates box) and it should rollback to WMP 10. That or System Restore, if you have a recent restore point).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I ticked the box, but it didn't have the WMP11 updated option to delete, if you know what I mean. I don't know what you mean by the System restore thingy, and I am afraid to try it, lol.

I think I got myself out of this trouble before, but can't remember how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You wont lose anything in system restore.. Its probably the only way your going fix it! You wont lose any files! Do you have service pack2 installed? You need that to install WMP 11

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

what does system restore do exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It uninstalls programs and move files around(doesn't delete aything) So if you have a clean looking desktop it might be all mess when you do it lol!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

and how do you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and follow onscreen instructions. It is basically a snapshot of your system and you can roll it back to that point in time (a list of dates and times to choose normally). You shouldn't lose files and it should tell you where the files will be saved to.
    Make sure the restore point (if there is one!) is recent enough anyway.

cheers lads, it worked a charm

Advertisement