Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best venue to see Rush in the U.K?

• 05-06-2007 4:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Well, after years and years of listening to Rush, myself and the Oul Lad have decided to pay them a visit on this tour.

The original idea was to travel to London and go to the Wembley show.
    However, I then got thinking. Wembley is bloody huge. I'd much rather prefer a small(er) venue. Would be nice to actually be able to see Geddy and Co on stage.

I've never been to a show in the U.K so I have zero knowledge of their venues. Anyone able to enlighten me please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

They're all big venues - Manchester Evening News Arena seats nearly 20,000, and I don't think any of the venues on the tour would be smaller than somewhere like the Point (if even that small).

Anyway the best venue to see them in is whichever one you get tickets for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Point size would be what I'm looking for. Googled NEC Birmingham and it seems a good bit smaller.

I just have these horrible visions of finally going to see them after years of waiting and not actually being able to see anything :eek:

Probably just being paranoid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Most joyous of news. Got some taxback today...and then I remembered, I can see Rush now. Wooooo! now to convince parents if I can go, as nobody else would go with me. Thinking the Glasgow date, as its just after my birthday, plus I just wanna see Neil Peart live that badly. Tickets arent gone either, so theres now a big chance I can see them. Finally....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Not sure about Newcastle or Sheffield, but all the other venues are way bigger than the Point.
    MEN Manchester is the best venue, not a bad seat in the house, but the SECC Glasgow for the best athmosphere.
    Wembley has been revamped, so it should be impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tickets are still available you say?
    Hmm I'm gonna have to convince one of my friends to come with me to see them!

Whoo! Convinced my mate, now on to Wembley! Would I be right in flying into London and making my way from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Mushy wrote:
    Most joyous of news. Got some taxback today...and then I remembered, I can see Rush now. Wooooo! now to convince parents if I can go, as nobody else would go with me. Thinking the Glasgow date, as its just after my birthday, plus I just wanna see Neil Peart live that badly. Tickets arent gone either, so theres now a big chance I can see them. Finally....
    Where are they playing glasgow? if its the SECC then avoid it like the plague....horrible venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

where's Baggio when you need him eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eirebear wrote:
    Where are they playing glasgow? if its the SECC then avoid it like the plague....horrible venue.

Yeah, quite sure it is. Sure all ticket prices are the same anyway, so the diffference is minimal in where I might see them if I can go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

right behind yas!!!! ahha

,,ahh well for me i think best would be either wembley or NEC..coz their both goood venues...the others ive no idea of,,could be fine...but nec is biiig and they play so well there and same at wembley ...when yur in wembley arena the whole thing just feels speacial...to me anyway

hope it goes well folks where ever yas are..if yu aint seen em before? well your musical life is about to change - as it did for me, after seeing them all other bands that i liked and saw were firmly put in their place as "also rans"...just not near the same league as a RUSH show..."different class" as jimmy mcgee would say! hahah

ciao' amigos...Baggio.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Baggio wrote:
    right behind yas!!!! ahha

,,ahh well for me i think best would be either wembley or NEC..coz their both if yu aint seen em before? well your musical life is about to change - as it did for me, after seeing them all other bands that i liked and saw were firmly put in their place as "also rans"...just not near the same league as a RUSH show..."different class" as jimmy mcgee would say! hahah

ciao' amigos...Baggio.....
    Well said, saw them on all 03 UK Shows, definately the best 6 Concerts i have ever attended.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

going to Manchester, can't wait! Anyone catch the snippet of the Tom Sawyer on the Sopranos last night? Straight after it ends Tony whips out his sawn off. Class:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭2112

5 of us are off to Newcastle. Dont know what the arena is like but it was the only one I could get good seats together. Cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Wembley might not be that bad. I saw them there in 1988. Got nowhere near the stage but still loved the gig. Sound was probably better in the middle of the hall than I'm guessing it might have been up front.

But I agree that smaller would be better. What a treat it was to see Yes in Vicar Street! Eye contact with the band!

Mark

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Seen them a while back in the Globe Arena in Stockholm, you're in for a treat!! Great band and Neil Peart is absolutely fantastic!! Enjoy!!:D

Advertisement