Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate cramming session........INITIATE!

Options
  • 05-06-2007 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

yup, study my whole english course from 9am to 9pm..........TO THE LIBRARY

Cramming dont fail me now!!!!!!

(this day is going to suck)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Here Here,

Now how to find a Cultural Context and the essay for my comparative......

Shower - Food - Study Study Study

Tomorrows gonna be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

That was my plan. But now I'm really reeeeeeeeeally sick. /vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

^^^^^ Strange, I've been sick all day. Had a breakfast, studied for two hours, now I'm sick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

My sympathies go to those who're sick at the moment. I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I got sick with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

is anyone else totally not stressed at all about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Yep not at all! Wish i was to scare me into studying more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

instead were on boards, wooohhhhoooooo, screw you comparitive question im supposed to be doing,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I request that a moderator bans us all :D:D

Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

yeah i spend most my tme on boards :mad they should shut dwn the fourm for the next two weeks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Lol, I have no stress at all either. Probably bad though, hmmm, I might study for a few hours... or go running and watch TV!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

No stress here:/
    I will be screwed trying to get sleep though.
    For the JC I done the English exams with a grand total of 3 hours sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Matching your name at least!

I'm doing Plath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

I've been cramming Irish since this morning. I think I'm relaxed about English because I think I KNOW that Plath is coming up. If she isn't there I will totally go into panic mode, but the ignorant mind is a blissfull one.

Planning to ad-lib the comparative as I know my texts quite well, and eh Macbeth, well, screwed for this. Will read notes later I suppose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

Spank wrote:
    I've been cramming Irish since this morning. I think I'm relaxed about English because I think I KNOW that Plath is coming up. If she isn't there I will totally go into panic mode, but the ignorant mind is a blissfull one.

Planning to ad-lib the comparative as I know my texts quite well, and eh Macbeth, well, screwed for this. Will read notes later I suppose....

yeah me screwed foe macbeth also.im banking in polath too if she doesnt come up im gonna have a fit in the exam hall.i will explode most definately :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eefsie

I havent done any poetry yet... am i screwed?!:eek:
    If u had to give me a shortlist of 4 poets to cram who wud it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

Eefsie wrote:

yeah neither have i yet im getting too distracted by this!!defo do the two women and after that do yeats and montague.a women and an irsh come up usually every year.where do u begin with macbeth......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

Eefsie wrote:

Yeats, Kavanagh, and Montague because at least one Irish will come up, and then just whoever else you like...everyone seems to be saying Plath but I did Donne aswell, just because I did an alright answer on him before and I hate the moody pms headed women poets!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I keep trying to study, but I just keeping thinking "its only english!"

Got a c3 in the mocks and I didn't know a blasted thing about anything, I just winged it and made up stuff on the spot about my comparatives, which I had only just briefly glanced at. I even got who the king was in MacBeth confused!

If Plath does come up, I can waffle about her because I am generally interested, and Frost. But Yeats, Kavanagh, and Montague is just... Blergh!

To Skoool.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

I keep thinking 'it's only English too'. Got an A in the mocks, which was bad as I can't be bothered now, and prob won't get it again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Just reading over my Robert Frost essay as we speak. Got to do Eliot and some Macbeth this evening. Will get up early and study Montague. Will I have enough time to study for my comparative between paper 1 and 2? Is it wierd that I am kind of looking forward to this exam?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Well English can be enjoyable as long as you dont get thrown some unusual questions then the panic might set in. OMFG what do I do here !!!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Yeh that happened in my christmas tests!! I completely blanked! I didn't even do my poetry and only a page of my comparative! Still got a C1 though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

hahah If Plath doesnt come up tomorrow, you'll be able to hear a silent aww ****e accross the isle as half the student body says it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

is anyone else totally not stressed at all about it

Not a bit!! :D
    Role on tomorrow and lets get it started. Theres 17 days till I'm finished so the sooner it starts the better.
    The waiting arround since we got off school almost three weeks ago has just been dragging on!

Good luck to all! (if luck comes into it at all!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eefsie

Ok thanx for the poetry tips! Now, macbeth... Do u reckon its ok to just do macbeth and lady macbeths characters/relationship and kingship??? I kno its such a gamble but we neverdid stuff on imagery n language in class...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Agri_trust wrote:
    hahah If Plath doesnt come up tomorrow, you'll be able to hear a silent aww ****e accross the isle as half the student body says it at the same time.

I get the feeling that will happen no matter what happens in my school. There arent too many bright sparks here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Is it wierd that I am kind of looking forward to this exam?:o
    Nope. I wanna get this show on the road now. I'd say all my optimism'll be drained out of me by wednesday though with history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

qwertyface wrote:
    Yeats, Kavanagh, and Montague because at least one Irish will come up, and then just whoever else you like...everyone seems to be saying Plath but I did Donne aswell, just because I did an alright answer on him before and I hate the moody pms headed women poets!!

Wasnt Montague born in America? so therefore, there's only two irish poets on the course, therefore one of yeats or kavanagh has to come up! i mean, what kind of exam wouldn't put poets from their own country on?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Was just up at my school today studying...the exams arrived when I was there, along with all the examiners setting up our exam center. 1 of the black boxes were open nd I tried to look in but failed, too many pink papers on top and didnt want to go rummaging through it!!...i doubt there would have been exam papers in there anyways, probably only paper etc...ooohh imagine if i saw!!!!!

Other than that, im ready for english, kind of looking forward to it actually. I tried testing myself last nite on poetry....couldn't remember the names of the poems!!! That was a scary moment, hopefully wont happen to me again :rolleyes:

Macbeth: I heard imagery is slightly tipped...but remember, they cant put 2 hard questions on the paper, because they have to satisfy those who are barely able to pass honors english...i.e. make a question that they can write about. SO if there is one on kingship/imagery/banquo/macduff then there will almost have to be macbeth/lady macbeth/relationship/favourite scene. But thats only my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daraghc

Spank wrote:
    I keep thinking 'it's only English too'. Got an A in the mocks, which was bad as I can't be bothered now, and prob won't get it again :(

I think doing well in my mock was the worst thing thats happened to me. Haven't done a bit of work since

Didn't reely do anythin before it either though:rolleyes:

Advertisement