Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDW Comics,Whats your take?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

you know this is why i like the spotlights. there a great playground for bit charaters that never really get that much attention. ok IDW have to pick characters that'll be comercially viable like prime shockwave soundwave and co but its nice to see they have the guts to give us characters like sixshot and now ramjet.

plus they segue wonderfully into the main story in a way that doenst detract from the main arc and thats damn hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I was delighted to see Gutcruncher and Banzai-tron turn up in Spotlight hot rod. Now THAT is old skool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Galvasean wrote:
    Ratchet

No, First Aid was a different kind of character...see....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet_%28Transformers%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Aid_%28Transformers%29

First Aid first appeared in the U.S. Transformers television series in episode 63"The Revenge of Bruticus" with no explanation as to where he or the other Protectobots came from.

After the death of Ratchet in Transformers: The Movie, First Aid became the Autobots' chief physician.

Galvasean wrote:
    I was delighted to see Gutcruncher and Banzai-tron turn up in Spotlight hot rod. Now THAT is old skool!

check out megatron origin 2 for cameos from, well a hell of a lot of character :D , but among them clench...skyquake... what looks like overlord ....spinister and scournge!! (now theres a blast from the past!)

No, First Aid was a different kind of character...see....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet_%28Transformers%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Aid_%28Transformers%29

First Aid first appeared in the U.S. Transformers television series in episode 63"The Revenge of Bruticus" with no explanation as to where he or the other Protectobots came from.

After the death of Ratchet in Transformers: The Movie, First Aid became the Autobots' chief physician.
    But you said First Aid was in infiltration. That was Ratchet. Or am I mising something here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

No your not missing anything. Just a crossing of wires is all.

Ramjet Preview art.
    Looks very very impressive.

Beast wars The Ascending.
    http://au.comics.ign.com/articles/813/813397p1.html
    This should be Fun.

Ascending looks great. Good to see Prowl the Owl doing his runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Galvasean wrote:
    Ascending looks great. Good to see Prowl the Owl doing his runs.

Bring back Insecticon, thats what I say!

some of the upcoming books to look out for.
    arcee.jpg
    THE TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT: ARCEE

Written by Simon Furman, art and covers by Alex Milne.

Presenting the latest one-shot focusing on some of the best-loved (or loathed) characters from the Transformers Universe. The spotlight falls on Arcee, Autobot by allegiance but utterly mad, bad, and dangerous to know! Driven by personal demons, waging a war against an enemy that may only exist in her head, Arcee is considered too dangerous to ever be let loose. But desperate times call for desperate measures!

32 pages, $3.99.
    Looks Fun. Hopefully the Art will be a little Lighter than the Megatron Book.
    THE TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT VOLUME 2 TP

Written by Simon Furman, Stuart Moore and Nick Roche, art by Don Figueroa, Guido Guidi, Marcelo Matere, Robby Musso and Nick Roche.

IDW's one-shots focusing on the most celebrated Transformers characters continue in this second collection of Spotlights. This time around, see how and why Soundwave, Kup, Galvatron, Optimus Prime and Ramjet fit into the Transformers' ever-expanding IDW-verse. Simon Furman handles scripting duties on all but Kup, where Nick Roche tackles writing and illustrating duties.

136 pages, $19.99.

THE TRANSFORMERS: DEVASTATION #6

Written by Simon Furman, art by E.J. Su, covers by Su and Nick Roche.

The end is nigh ... and how! Shocks and revelations abound as the latest chapter of the new IDW Transformers saga draws to its conclusion. Earth's fate hangs in the balance, as the Reapers and Decepticons clash for the right to scribe its final hours, while a new and perhaps far deadlier foe orchestrates his own apocalyptic power play. Where are the Autobots in Earth's darkest hour? The answer will leave readers reeling.

32 pages, $3.99.

THE TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS: SOURCEBOOK #4

Written by Simon Furman and Ben Yee, art by Don Figueroa, Marcelo Matere, Robby Musso and Nick Roche, cover by Figueroa.

Furman and Yee conclude their all-encompassing, unifying resource book highlighting the characters, worlds and technology from all generations and incarnations of Beast Wars with the fourth volume of this informative collection. From Silverbolt to Waspinator, and featuring new art from a host of the greatest Transformers artists, this is the series that explains everything you need to know about the world of the Beast Wars!

48 pages, $7.49.

THE TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS: THE ASCENDING TP

Written by Simon Furman, art by Don Figueroa and Guido Guidi, cover by Figueroa.

Spiraling out of the events in Beast Wars: The Gathering. Magmatron, now a disembodied entity, existing out of time and space, is witness to Cyberton's unchecked descent into chaos and madness, all of which is a prelude to its complete and utter destruction! Powerless to directly affect this terrifying apocalypse, Magmatron's last desperate recourse is to try and bring his greatest enemy, Razorbest, together with fellow Maximals Lio Convoy and The Pack!

104 pages, $17.99.

Need to pick some of these up. i am not a big comic reader by any stretch but any of the comic shops i go into have them , but in Black and White . Can you get them as graphic Novels ?

P.S

Mark i will drop those DVD's into the shop this week. Sorry have been very busy .

• Advertisement

No prob mate. The Black and White covers are normally alt covers. Sightly more exspensive to buy.
    There are at least 4 trades of the current IDW stuff. With more on the way.
    You got currently out
    The Transformers: Infiltration
    The Transformers: Stormbringer
    The Transformers: Spotlight 1
    The Transformers: Escalation
    The Transformers: Beast Wars - The Gathering

With Spotlights 2 due this month at some piont. Worth it for the Kup story.
    Devastion 3 is out today: Nick Roche Provides art and gives us some Nice images. His Hotrod is still as sweet as ever. Plot wise...... I felt like it had a little too much crap shoved in at the end. It did move the Headmaster plot forward nicely. And The Rachet Pursiut was nice but What we've learned of sixshot so far Rachet should have been a simple Bang your dead moment for him. Not a Long winded chase.
    I love the Page of the Rachets salvation. But can Sixshot be so easly dispatched? REally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

MarkHall wrote: »
    Devastion 3 is out today: Nick Roche Provides art and gives us some Nice images. His Hotrod is still as sweet as ever. Plot wise...... I felt like it had a little too much crap shoved in at the end. It did move the Headmaster plot forward nicely. And The Rachet Pursiut was nice but What we've learned of sixshot so far Rachet should have been a simple Bang your dead moment for him. Not a Long winded chase.
    I love the Page of the Rachets salvation. But can Sixshot be so easly dispatched? Really?

I liked to too, felt the colouring was a bit flat though, especially some of the sixshot chase pages. But apparently this issue was a bit rushed cause EJ Su (the regular artist) was on Maternity (paternity?) leave. As for Sixshot being dispatched easily, I reckon it could just be a lead up to a big fight between him and the Autobots in the next issue.

furmans done another of the "twenty questions" thing over on the IDW boards. some interesting stuff in regards to what he's got in store for the ongoing in 08. worth a look at. im starting to think its the matrix that killed the dead universe.

An Advanced Review of Spotlight Arcee.
    http://fractalmatter.com/main/?p=809

Enjoy.

The new All Hail Megatron Series coming out looks fun.
    DecRule_Final2.jpg
    img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/brunobatista/Posting Stuff/Unknown.jpg[/img]
    http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2008/02/all-...roches-art.html

I have no idea what it is gonna be about, but that looks awesome. Plus Nick Roche Providing Art is always a Plus.

rumours abound that its a decepticon ongoing.

i dont know if thats possible if your not talking about an alternate universe because all you'd really be getting otherwise is just the cons side of the normal story.

either way whatever it is i loved origins so any chance for more con centric stories is welcome to me.

this could be a hell of alot of fun.

and yeah, thats one hell of a pic. theres a few pseudo communist type ones knocking about too.

Unknown.jpeg
    This one is Quaility.

Advertisement