Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking The Exam On Your Own

Options
  • 05-06-2007 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I dont no am i the only one but im faking being sick to get to take the exam in a room on my own. No distractions for me ... DELIGHTED if it works !!! is there like exam centers one can go into ?? not a school !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,085 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I dont no am i the only one but im faking being sick to get to take the exam in a room on my own. No distractions for me ... DELIGHTED if it works !!! is there like exam centers one can go into ?? not a school !!

You serious? Why would you do that? There was one guy in my class who had to do his leaving on his own (he broke his arm just before exams and had to do exams on computer or talking to someone who wrote for him) and he said it was worse, more distracting there than in an exam hall where there's an atmosphere of studiousness (?)

Plus, you're gonna be wasting someones time & money to have an invigilator in that one exam hall just for you...

Selfish muppet...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lock these 2 up,

Selfish muppet

Hope your actually sick on the day and see what it feels like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

ha ha everyone gettin mad !! couldnt give a *hite , its our important day !! i'll do what makes me think ill achieve the best !! i wouldnt be taking the piss outta ye if ye wanted ''coffee brought in '' '' food in the exams''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd say you'll need a note from the doctor tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Don't you need to ask for this well in advance? Generally all the invigilators will have a centre to supervise, so I doubt there'll be any free to supervise you. And I agree with dulpit, often in exams what keeps me concentrated is everyone else working around me. If I was on my own it'd be far more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Assez Bien

To get your own private room you need a note from your GP or from a consultant in a hospital......also u had to apply for it lik 2 weeks ago, you can't just decide on the morning 'oh i feel like having my own private room' because they don't have anyone to supervise you.

Also i wouldn't fake it, we all know bout the boy who cried wolf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

ha ha everyone gettin mad !! couldnt give a *hite , its our important day !! i'll do what makes me think ill achieve the best !!

you can think that all you want !! it most likely wont work !!

Really though, what's the logic in this? Are you terribly self-conscious? You say no distractions, but believe me you'll be all too aware of the supervisor's eyes glaring at you and you only the entire way through your exams.

i contacted the school and they said it was ok !! believe me i couldnt concentrate during the mocks!!!! it was awful !!!.. Self Conscious ??? yeah im goin 2 confessions 2morrow :p Buts is just for eng !! im have a feeling i will be better wed nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

The real world is going to be a big slap in the face to you my dear boy

oh is it ????? best of luck 2 ye anyways

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Because of an illness I have I'm entitled to a private room, and I had one last year for my summer exams. I turned it down this year. I find the regular exam environment works much better; in the private room it feels a lot more relaxed and you get less work done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I really don't see the advantages of doing an exam on your own. Dammit, I even enjoy watching other people freak out over there papers as it gives me comfort in the knowledge that I'm not the only bloke bollixed in the exam.

i no maybe its just being a weird(or as sum people on this fourm may want 2 call a pric*) But i just do !!! i dont wanna mess up one the most important days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Baby. The best part is exchanging 'OMFG WHERE IS PLATH?' looks when the papers are being given out, and just the general feeling that you're not alone doing the LC.

Oh and also getting comfort in the girl crying over her paper while you are scribbling away lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

how very responsible of you. Good luck in college

I'm closing this waste of thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement