Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protools help

Options
  • 05-06-2007 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have just bought myself a dell inspiron 6400 (dual core2, winxp) to use with Mbox. I am using Le 6.4. When i open up protools i get a blue screen straight away. Has anybody had similer problems to this.

I know digidesign has compatible laptops, But i would imagine it will still work but it just wont perform to the best of its ability.

Thanks,

Freddy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

6.4 doesn't support dual core processors, tot he best of my knowledge, only PT7 onwards. You'll need to upgrade to PT7. It's €70 on digidesign.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭freddyf

Thanks for the quick reply.

Its just as you said. Ill have to get the latest protools. I tought i could get away with not having to buy new software. I guess its not too bad just the software. If i had to get a new mbox, Then i would be pissed off.

Thanks for the info again.

Freddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

Also check the chipset on your motherboard is compatible with the mbox. Assuming it is, Doctor is correct about 6.4.

Yes everything seems to be compatible apart from the software.

Got 6.4 working finally. I updated the pace drivers and that got me onto protools then it asked me for my serial. I used that serial a couple of years ago and i was not too sure what i done with it. I had to ring my mother and ask her to get my manuals out of my old bedroom.Finally got it.I got Protools started, But i was getting playback buffer errors. I am using dual core 2 so i turned that off in the bios and its working like dream.

I have saved £50 for the moment but will update to 7 in a month or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement