Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Rental Full licence less then 1 yr-Help

Options
  • 05-06-2007 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,
    I’m a 28yr old with a full license, But I cant rent a car because my Full License is 6 months old and all places iv seen require a full license for at least 1 year.

Anyone have any help?? Is there anywhere in Dublin that will rent me a car with a License less then 1 year?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Last year when I was 25, a month after passing my test i rented a car from europcar at knock airport there was no problem at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dato_007

Just called europcar, they told me I need a full license for 2 years, so no luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

say nothing .. if they ask as to the date on the license tell them it was when it was renewed !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I could be wrong, but i don't think a Rental company can actually check how long you have had your licence for, if you tell them that is the renewal date on the licence they cannot check it to see if you are telling the truth

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

AFAIK they don't check.
    And as said above just say it's a renewal, as you are 28 it shouldn't be a problem

Mik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I am 24. I rented a car off enterprise a month ago when I was 23. I have had my licence less than one year. They noticed neither. What they don't know won't hurt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ballooba wrote:
    What they don't know won't hurt them.
    However, if you're in breach of the conditions of the rental contract by declaring that you have your licence more than 1 year or whatever when you know that you haven't (also known as lying), then you may find that that voids the insurance cover the company have negotiated with their insurers. Just hope that you don't have an accident and they discover you've 'misrepresented the truth'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dato_007

Yea , I did think of just saying its a renewal , but I don't want to do that, If there is an accident I don't want end up knee deep in **** ... There must be a small rental company out there somewhere that doesn't require 1 year Full license

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Can you get a loan of a car from somebody and just get added temporarily to their insurance. Lot less hassle then trying to rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 stevo86

or go to greece, wer 2 years ago i rented a car with no licence, they only asked to c my passport!:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement