Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

T-Cut

Options
  • 05-06-2007 11:12am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Posted a while back about a small area of "worn" paint on the back of the car. Was removing one of the letters from the badge and got a little bit over enthusiastic and seem to have scratched the top layer. Its around 1 inch wide and 2 inches long. It looks fine if its wet, so its nothing major, just noticeable on a black car! After several waxes its still the exact same.

What I was wondering was, is T-Cut scratch remover, or T-Cut colour restorer better? (or any other recommended product) Ive never used either.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Meguiars scratch x would be a better bet, t-cut is very harsh.

http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-paint-cleaners/ScratchX

Neil.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Neilw wrote:
    Meguiars scratch x would be a better bet, t-cut is very harsh.

http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-paint-cleaners/ScratchX

Neil.

Cheers Neil, I was actually having a look at that, but hadnt heard much about it. Ive never used any scratch remover stuff, is it easy to do, or more importantly, is it easy to cause more damage?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Yes its easy to do, pick up a couple of the meguiars applicator pads aswell. You will need to work the polish until it nearly disappears then wipe off, go again if your not happy. I don't think you could cause more damage as scratch x is fairly mild.
    You could also follow on with autoglym super resin polish, this has fillers in it which will help to mask the scratches.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,341 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

antodeco wrote:
    Was removing one of the letters from the badge

Now I'm curious. What's the badge and which letter did you take off?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

unkel wrote:
    Now I'm curious. What's the badge and which letter did you take off?

:D Nah wasnt a main make badge. One of the model version letters. One of them was removed by someone, so wanted to clean it up a little!!

Cheers Neil, thanks for the help. Picked up the stuff today, and got working on it. I already had super resin polish which I applied on afterward (obviously! :p ). Most of the noticeable marks are gone now, so unless you were looking for it you would'nt spot it. Im a happy camper now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement