Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new DVD Player advice!

• 05-06-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

maybe this isnt in the correct forum anyway, where goes...
    my GF is looking for a new dvd player, cheap...to play dvds obviously--but also to play divx movies from CD-r/CD-RW - anyone got any advice?

maximum here would be about 70 euros!

thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

If you can stretch to 100 yoyo's then I highly recommend the Philips DVP5980 which you can get in power city. It has a USB port located at the front of the player so you can download your DivX movies to a USB key, plug it in to the DVD player and play away. This does away with the hassle of having to burn cd's and dvd's. Also, it has HDMI connection and upscales to 1080i so is also future proff.

I got one during the week and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Advertisement