Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash & Carry Kitchens vs Kitchen World

Options
  • 05-06-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

We've been looking for wardrobes for two bedrooms and recently got quotes from both places. The quotes were within €100 of each other so there's no difference cost wise. Both places also promised to have the stuff out in 10 - 12 working days.

What I'm wondering is if there's any difference in quality or service? Has anyone any experience of either companies wardrobe offerings? Opinions good or bad gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bought wardrobes from Cash and Carry, row of three doubles with drawer section set in.

Bit of codology about cost of assembly so decided to give it a go myself. Wardrobes were delivered and were left into the hall, which was absolutely as far as deliverymen would go with them. Dont underestimate how much room they will take up in the hall, how heavy they are and how awkward it can be getting the very big side pieces up the stairs! And you do need an electric drill.

They were very easy to assemble, all sizes perfect and all holes drilled exactly. Hinges excellent.

Only two very minor gripes, the door knob bolts were just a millimetre or so too long, solved it by putting a nylon washer on the back. Also the back panels are thin hardboard in two sections which slip into a plastic joining strip. We had the frame lying flat on its front so that the back was suspended and kept falling out of the joining strip. We piled stuff up to support it and fixed round the edges. Once the back was on the structure was rigid and the doors went on perfectly.

I got some of those plastic bolts that you use to join kitchen units together and fixed the three wardrobes together, also fastened them to the wall with an angle. None of these were provided and are probably a bit 'belt and braces', but the wardrobes have been in use for a couple of years and we have had no problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

My mam got cash and carry from longmile out to do the kitchen, cracking job they did.

Myself anf the GF went with kitchenworld to do bedrooms, firstly they tried the rip is off by 500 euro, then the said the quote didnt include frosted glass which we had specified and the guy we had dealt with initially said he throw in for free. the stuff was delivered and they wrong pieces were in the delivery, took them 2 days and were getting nowhere, then we rang the delivery company ourselves and they said the parts werent in, finally got it sorted a week later, pack of w*nkers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bl0ck

Got Kitchen off C&C Kitchens in Dublin, very good and very happy with design, just be aware the fitters are not C&C Kitchen Staff. If you have any issues with the fitting C&C don't want to know about it. We were missing a kicker board but this was delivered within about 5 days.

Don't know about Kitchenworld, but quality of C&C Kitchens was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I'm going to be doing the fitting myself so I will have no problems with fitters from either company.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Fitter was great, it was kitchenworld which was ****e

• Advertisement

Anyone else with any experience of either of these two? I'm hoping to place an order by the end of the week and others experiences would help the decision making process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Would it be worth throwing The Panelling Centre into the mix?

www.in-house.ie

Dools

I didn't even know those guys existed. I'll check them out. Have you used them/know people who have used them?

A quick run through on their website suggests they are going to come in around 300 - 400 more expensive than the others but I'll pop down for a look and get a quote in person before discounting them on that basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PeteJones

I have bought some wardrobes and a kitchen off them and they are good quality. Explanation of their products is very similar to the second poster (looksee) comments.

I have been told about C&C cupboards that the holes for the hinges are too big so with a bit of wear and tear over time they come loose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

TKK,

Never used them, but I liked the look of their stuff. We ended up going with Town and Country Kitchens in Glasnevin for our fitted wardrobes last year.

Our carpenter is getting us some kitchen units (to cover in new bolier and fridge) from The Panelling Centre in the next couple of weeks. He is happy with their stuff

Let us know how you get on

Dools

P.S. They seem to charge €100 for CAD drawings. I rang and requested a brochure that I got in the post within a week. There was voucher inside for free CAD drawings worth €100 - surely they should do it for free anyways??

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hotstuff2

I totally recommend C+C. We got a kitchen from them last year and it looks great and we had no issues with it. I would definitely recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

dools wrote:
    P.S. They seem to charge €100 for CAD drawings. I rang and requested a brochure that I got in the post within a week. There was voucher inside for free CAD drawings worth €100 - surely they should do it for free anyways??

They do them for free but will charge €100 if you want a print out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Got my kitchen from Cash & Carry. They were great, reasonabley priced and looks really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Anyone have a gage on the price difference between C+C and In House?

I currently have a quote on the table of 6 grand including VAT for a simple 3 meter long kitchen from Inhouse which seems really expensive to me. I am going to pop down to C+C this weekend and see if they are more competitive.

I might open a kitchen shop myself at this rate. It seems to be a license to print money.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Got two sets of built in wardrobes from Cash and Carry a few months back. Ordered, delivered and installed in less that 10 days. The fitters were there for the entire day as with all old houses (or maybe its just mine) not all walls were level etc but they did a great job. No problems with anything so far (touch wood).

Advertisement