Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Problems

Options
  • 05-06-2007 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I've got the magnet entertainment package 8MB synchronous broadband. I've noticed that it has determinate over the last while and did a check with speedtest.

I'm getting about
    2796 download
    465 upload

I've called Magnet about this and they've done a line test and told me all is well and I am close enough to the exchange for a good link and that the problem must be due to the internal wiring of my house. Now nothing has changed in my house and if it was a problem with the cabling I would guess that I would have intermittent issues, not a link that looks to me is negotiated at 3MB.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

spss wrote:
    I've got the magnet entertainment package 8MB synchronous broadband. I've noticed that it has determinate over the last while and did a check with speedtest.

I'm getting about
    2796 download
    465 upload

I've called Magnet about this and they've done a line test and told me all is well and I am close enough to the exchange for a good link and that the problem must be due to the internal wiring of my house. Now nothing has changed in my house and if it was a problem with the cabling I would guess that I would have intermittent issues, not a link that looks to me is negotiated at 3MB.

Any suggestions?

is that over the wire or wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 spss

over ethernet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

which magnet adsl package offers 8mb upload?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Thats only in FTTH developments though.

Im in Donabate spss, where are you?

I did a recent speed test on speedtest.ie and am getting 30Mb down and 16.5 up!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

I just noticed that, they sold me the package months ago and I'm certainly not in a FTTH enabled area. I'm in Ballsbridge.

Thats only in FTTH developments though.

Im in Donabate spss, where are you?

I did a recent speed test on speedtest.ie and am getting 30Mb down and 16.5 up!!! :eek:

Well I have just checked with Magnet. They in fact used to offer this service over Eircom lines, now the no longer are taking new customers. The Magent engineer has tole me that he has just tested my line and it is only capable of 3MB.

This wasnt the case when I was first offered the service.

ask to speak to a manager,
    get them to check your previous useage and speed.

dont downgrade your package until you get confirmation in writing from someone senior that they cant offer you what your paying for

will do, I just cant see how something the effects the communication infrastructure like this could have happened.

my guess? it hasnt.
    someone somewhere has ****ed up - engineer at the exhange unplugged you for the sake of a new customer is a possibilty.
    people on the front line wont entertain your requests beyond a standard line test and a fob off.

speak to a manager, get a real investigation and let them know youll be considering leaving to a differnt ISP if you dont get a valid reason for them selling you a service, providing it for x number of months and then dumping you with nowt so much as an email to explain it

• Advertisement

right I've just been onto Magnet again and made a complaint and the call is being escalated so hopefully I will hear back from them at some point.

good stuff :)

keep us updated of the outcome, im still a newish customer so id like to see how they handle a case like this.

Advertisement