Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindstorms NXT educational version

• 05-06-2007 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I bought the Mindstorms NXT on Sunday, and love it so far. But I am a bit confused about the retail version and educational versions of the kit. It would appear I have the educational version. Which means even though you get the pieces for all three "basic" models, you only get the instructions for one.

A look on the internet showed me the retail version also gives you a wall charger for the brick, but the educational one gives you extra bluetooth features. Does the retail version cost more? Or does it cost the same? The outside of the box shows no mention of what version it is, unless there is a cryptic code tag or something.

I just want to make sure I was not given the wrong kit for the price I paid(230 yoyo's).

On a side note, has anyone any experience with the NXC, the C-similar language used for programming the NXT, does anyone have experience with the NXT and linux, and does anyone have an NXT story/tip comment etc, that they would like to give me?

Thanks

Advertisement