Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer

Options
  • 05-06-2007 1:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Let's not have another last minute job. Old skool: a Friday, at 5pm, in Tom Barrys. All that remains is the actual date.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

5pm? Some of us work for a living!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Not really following you there; could you be more specific?

(Seriously though, on a Friday at 5pm? Yeah, right!)

Early bird gets the worm. And, you know, locked?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If it's any of the next four Friday's I'm in. Otherwise I'm working. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've missed those wonderfull early starts :). Probably wouldnt be able to do it this Friday but should be around next Friday I think.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Friday 16th sound like a plan so?

Though I object to Tom Barry's on the basis that, well, unless adam gets there at about noon and keeps space for us, there'll be crowds of people. Which we can't be dealing with. On the plus side, beer. So hmmm.

• Advertisement

There won't be crowds at 5pm. And Friday is the 15th.

I've put Beer? in my Google Calendar for the 15th at 5pm. Don't make me move it.

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah yeah, you and your accurate keystrokes. You know what you can do, don't you? :P

And yeah, alright then. Usual rules apply?

There's rules?

I do believe they were your rules, though they might have only applied to pub crawls. Which leads to my next awesome suggestion - how bout making next week a pub crawl?

Ah sure I can only remember them when I'm drunk.

Pub crawl sounds good, as long as we start in Tom Barrys, end in Tom Barrys, and drink all our pints in Tom Barrys in between.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Been to the beer garden in the Fionn Barra yet adam?

Sure I was drinking in there since it was the Trinity and you were just an itch in your daddy's pants. (Sorry, too many southun books lately.) I was never madly impressed with Fionn Barras, although that's more to do with the staff than anything else. Never felt very welcome there. Unlike the Trinity, who let me walk out the last night with an Erdinger keg under my arm. For some reason I've yet to fathom...

adam

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

southun?

Theres more room there is all. Sadly with weather like this all hte beer garden places will be packed to the gills. Depending on how i am, i shall try to join ye for a few hours.

dahamsta wrote:
    Sure I was drinking in there since it was the Trinity and you were just an itch in your daddy's pants. (Sorry, too many southun books lately.) I was never madly impressed with Fionn Barras, although that's more to do with the staff than anything else. Never felt very welcome there. Unlike the Trinity, who let me walk out the last night with an Erdinger keg under my arm. For some reason I've yet to fathom...

adam
    What is it with you and kegs?

Tree wrote:
    southun?
    Southern. With a Southern accent. (Not Suddern Ireland, Sudhun America.
    JohnK wrote:
    What is it with you and kegs?
    Eh? I only have one!

Oooh, that's this Friday, I shouldn't be able to go this Friday cos I have to prepare for Glastonbury. Are people still going?

adam

I'm still on for it anyway but I wouldnt be staying out past 10~11 as I've to be in the airport for 6.30 on Saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

Fysh wrote:
    Friday 16th sound like a plan so?

Though I object to Tom Barry's on the basis that, well, unless adam gets there at about noon and keeps space for us, there'll be crowds of people. Which we can't be dealing with. On the plus side, beer. So hmmm.

unless I am mistaken, tom barrys is very near where I live, I could go up there and snag a table outside unless its raining, then something inside, which there isnt a whole lot of inside.

dahamsta wrote:
    Oooh, that's this Friday, I shouldn't be able to go this Friday cos I have to prepare for Glastonbury. Are people still going?

adam

You're some retard. And well, if Johns going despite early morning airport appointments, surely you can do the same.

I know, I'm a complete dickhead; I forgot about Friday and arranged to have the youngfella to come down for the weekend, so we could organise ourselves for the trip to Glastonbury on the Thursday after.

Do you want to be the one to tell my 11 year old I want to go drinking instead? :)

adam

• Advertisement

He's 11? Sure there's no problem then so! Just bring him along, we can start is education in the finer arts of drinking :)

(Part of me is surprised that you think I couldn't tactfully explain to an 11 year old that daddy wanted to go drinking. I mean, "Daddy has to go get sh*tfaced before he can cope with the idea of looking after you all weekend" is tactful, isn't it? Probably not true, but tactful all th same, I think...)

Be honest with you, I was expecting you to ask for his phone number.

Ummm, I'm gonna back away from all the horrendously wrong jokes that can be made on the back of your last post. Because, well, no.

How about telling him you're going out for a packet of smokes?

Nah, I quit them, he'd never believe me. I'll tell him I'm going out for some crack-cocaine and some ho's.

You could put all your clocks forward four hours and tell him it's time for bed.

Don't mind that sun - it stays out for ages at this time of year. Global warming and all that.

i've inadvertently booked myself in for a houseparty teaching a friend of mine how to do shepards pie this friday. whoops

worst. excuse. ever. Nobody needs to be taught how to make shepards pie.

What Blotch said. And I just after telling the youngfella that beer comes first!

(Heh, Blotch. That was supposed to be Blitz, dunno how it came out as that. New nickname though!)

• Advertisement

At first I thought you were calling me a beyotch. I can't decide if that's better or worse.

Advertisement