Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Usage

Options
  • 05-06-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

I am currently looking into a wireless package in Australia. I wondered if one of you guys could tell me what 200mb per month usage allowance is. ill be online alot every day. Is this just a downloadable amount or is the amount of time you spend online. The plan details are on the link below. Thanks in advance

http://my.bigpond.com/internetplans/broadband/wireless/mobile_plans/default.jsp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

They offer both - you choose if you want to be billed by time online or by data transferred (probably a total of upload and download).

The packages appear to be aimed at light users.... not bad as a mobile option supplementing or backing up your existing cable or ADSL connection but many users would find even the 3GB/month or 20 hours/month packages too limiting for exclusive use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

And I thought Irish prices were bad, AU$55 (about 35 euro) a month for 200MB is fairly crap. To put it in context, at the stated speed of 256kbps you'd get 200MB down in about 2 hours. So if you're going to be using it constantly, don't be going at full speed. No big downloads, turn off all automatic updates from all your software, bar maybe the virus scan though typically that could be about a few MB every couple of days so it could eat up the allowance.

For bare surfing and email it may suffice, the 1G would be better but at AU$85 a month it's fairly pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol i easily use 200 mb in day, just browsing the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i upload about a gb a day, download about the same. australian packages tend to have notoriously craptastic upload speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

In fairness to that Australian company 3g is expensive in most countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

thanks for the replys guys. ill mainly be playing online poker. does anybody know if this affects your usage,

Advertisement