Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HELP** A few English (OL) questions

Options
  • 05-06-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

I'll be grateful if anyone could help me.

I Would like to know how much everyone else is writing for both their comparative course answer and then their single text answer.

I hope that someone can help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Help meh. :(

Please people,

It doesn't take long to type in "2 pages" or "3 pages" now does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

I do HL, but am open to assumption that it's not quantity, but addressing the entirety of the question, if its cultural context,bring in 3 aspects, optional fourth.
    -Religion/marriage -creed/pathos-foundation for existence/institution/escape.
    -Role of women- Subordinate/dominant/ anchor of family.
    -Role of men - disinterested/caring/distant/ whatever really.
    -Role of money - consuming/unimportant/ ridiculous wealth or abject poverty/ depravity
    -Setting-Tenement/ Manor/ Amish village.. J+P, P+P, Witness obviously
    -Social Stratification- dregs of society/landed gentry/ blissfully ignorant of the outside world/ignoring it
    Now I'm lost and unsure if I'm at all correct, really have to study PII.
    Just address the question with relevance to 3 obvious headings that enable sufficient similarities and dissimilarities. 5-6 pages for HL would be the maximum, so assuming....ASSUMING 3-4 O, just do an unnecessarily large amount of comparisons is what I've been informed to do.
    Please do correct me if I'm misinformed or incorrect and spare the readers from my ignorance.

Single Text HL 4-6? OL 3-4? Entirely uncertain once more, my own estimates. Good luck

Thank you for the advice.

I moved down from higher quite recently and I was just a bit unsure tbh.

I'll write what ever feels correct I suppose. 3-4 pages is probably what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I am only doing the theme of violence. If it does not show up it is the ultimate fiasco, as ''witness', 'lies of silence'' and a moment of war'' all have the theme of violence

• Advertisement
Advertisement