Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scott Steiner Injured

• 05-06-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

From the Wrestling Observer:
    Scott Steiner was scheduled to undergo surgery on his trachea today in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Steiner was injured yesterday in taking a kick to the throat from Apolo in a tag team match where Steiner & Robert Roode faced Jeff Jarrett & Apolo. He seemed fine after the match, but at 2 a.m., was having trouble breathing and was rushed to the hospital.

There was no estimate until after surgery is completed regarding how long Steiner would be out of action, but the preliminary word was that he's not expected back in the ring for a while.

Steiner had just started teaming with brother Rick for a few matches against Team 3-D, including at the 6/17 Slammiversary PPV.

Hope he's ok. I'm not his biggest fan at all these days, but I was looking forward to the Steiners vs Team 3D, because I read some very good reviews of them from UWF shows they did in the last few months

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Didd this happen wrestling for TNA? It's a pretty strange match for them to put on, I would have thought they would have the Steiners working together on house shows. I hope they didn't re-sign that Apolo guy, last I heard they wanted him in LAX when we all know Low Ki is the only guy who should join them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think it was a TNA show, Rick Steiner probably had a booking somewhere else, and Apolo is Puerto Rican anyway so I doubt it's any indication of him coming back to TNA

Just saw this
    Scott Steiner is out of action indefinitely after being kicked in the throat by Apolo during a tag match in Puerto Rico last Sunday night. He finished the match and went back to his hotel, but then around 2:00 AM he had trouble breathing, started coughing up blood, and immediately called 911. He underwent trachea surgery and was listed in stable condition, but doctors wouldn't let him fly and he was stuck in the ICU in Puerto Rico for over a week. Dutch Mantell, who was in Puerto Rico when Jose Gonzalez stabbed and killed Bruiser Brody, was terrified, saying Steiner couldn't be left alone in the hospital. A number of stars stayed with him, his wife was flown in, and Jeremy Borash hung out with him in the hospital nearly the entire time. Doctors are saying he should be able to return to action by early next year, but it was a very scary situation, and at his age that's a tough recovery. They were still draining blood from his throat as of early this week, and he was frustrated at being unable to speak the language to communicate with doctors.

Guess he's out of the PPV so. Anyone for Team 3D vs LAX #4566?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

He was in the hospital and tried to suplex an MRI Machine and broke his spine. He will be out of action indefinatly. Rick Steiner is expected to get a run with the X-division title.

^ brickwall.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement