Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where is Northpoint testing centre?

Options
  • 05-06-2007 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Have a test next week in NCT/SGS Driving test center, on the naul road just off the ballymun junction of the M50.

Problem is that is not anywhere on this list: http://www.drivingtest.ie/dtclocations.html

I know physically where it is, i.e. to get there, but I'd love to know the pass rates, etc...........anyone have any more info on this center, or the route they take you?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i done my test there, my instructor told me they are very strict on mirrors, that he had one person come back and failed just on checking mirrors!!!! so you have been warned - oh, i failed there -

they brought me down the back of the airport on the santry road, left down past the quick fit tires to some housing estate to do the turns etc and then back up the old santry road place past the new hotel, around the roundabout and back to the centre, took about 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

irishbird wrote:
    i done my test there, my instructor told me they are very strict on mirrors, that he had one person come back and failed just on checking mirrors!!!! so you have been warned - oh, i failed there -

they brought me down the back of the airport on the santry road, left down past the quick fit tires to some housing estate to do the turns etc and then back up the old santry road place past the new hotel, around the roundabout and back to the centre, took about 25 mins.

Hmmm, thanks. So roughtly speaking, we're talking about here:
    map
    ?

When you come back out of the test center, you're turning left, then left again at the major junction to go along where those guys sit out plane-spotting, correct?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, thats it, they bit where they plane spot is 80km and this is where they want to see you can handle the car at a higher speed - best of luck (just failed mine today in jamestown - brake light not working didnt even make it out of the car park):D

Advertisement