Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone suggest alternative to xda orbit?

• 05-06-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking at possibly getting the xda orbit or the xda exec that o2 are offering but I'm with vodafone and I've no reason to leave. Vodafone don't seem to have a comparable pda styled phone with wifi, gps, 3g, touchscreen, etc. I've purchased phones and the likes off ebay and I was wondering if someone could suggest a pda phone that is similar to this that I could buy sim-free.

AFAIK, these o2 xda phones are made by i-mate, e.g. xda exec is the i-mate jasjar. I can't seem to find the xda orbit equivalent on i-mate's site.

Has anyone used the xda orbit? Is it any good? Can anyone suggest a good alternative that could be purchased sim-free?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

All current XDA's are made by HTC who also supply I-Mate. So if you check the HTC site you'll find more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Cool. I'll have a look through their site and see what I come up with.

Still looking for suggestions if anyone has any? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DJB wrote:
    Still looking for suggestions if anyone has any? :D

There's been quite a few threads of a similar nature over the past couple of weeks.

Have a browse through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

DJB wrote:
    Hi,

I was looking at possibly getting the xda orbit or the xda exec that o2 are offering but I'm with vodafone and I've no reason to leave. Vodafone don't seem to have a comparable pda styled phone with wifi, gps, 3g, touchscreen, etc. I've purchased phones and the likes off ebay and I was wondering if someone could suggest a pda phone that is similar to this that I could buy sim-free.

AFAIK, these o2 xda phones are made by i-mate, e.g. xda exec is the i-mate jasjar. I can't seem to find the xda orbit equivalent on i-mate's site.

Has anyone used the xda orbit? Is it any good? Can anyone suggest a good alternative that could be purchased sim-free?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

the htc equivalent of the o2 xda orbit that you're looking for is the htc p3300/artemis. you'll find it over at expansys or clove.

this is the unlocked sim-free version of the o2 xda orbit. afaik i-mate don't do an equivalent of the xda orbit.

alternatives to the xda orbit include:

1) htc p3600/trinity: this has wifi, gps and 3.5g (hsdpa). that seems to fit what you're looking for tbh.

2) htc 4550/kaiser: has all of the above plus keyboard. clove are doing it.

3) nokia n95: hsdpa, wifi, not sure about the useability of the gps though.

4) eten x800: not sure if it's released yet but it will have hsdpa, wifi and gps. and a sliding keyboard iirc.

5) htc advantage:
    umpc-like device with hsdpa, gps, wifi, keyboard but it's huge compared to the others. more like a mini-laptop.

6) I-mate are doing their ultimate series as well with devices with specs comparable to the above.

edit: sorry, the eten x800 will not have a sliding keyboard. its successor the m900 will have one though (keeping everything else the x800 has). and the x800 is vga if you want that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Nokia E61i?

pm me for a good price sim free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

jrey1981 wrote:
    Nokia E61i?

pm me for a good price sim free

the nokia e61i doesn't have gps though-the op seems to want gps as well.

Advertisement