Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some cute little Rat kittens.

Options
  • 05-06-2007 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

I finally got a litter from my Rex x Rex breeding after
    she ate all her first litter.
    First what I believe is a double Rex
    doublerexstripe2.jpg
    doublerexstripe.jpg
    A bareback Rex.
    hoodedgray.jpg
    And another little rex.
    striperedeye.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Aw wow, very cute. Not a big rat fan I hav to say, but those guys are very cute. I like the ones with the big ears too, Dumbo Rats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh So cute! I am missing my pet ratties so much!!! seriously considering getting 2 boys......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

Shelli wrote:
    Aw wow, very cute. Not a big rat fan I hav to say, but those guys are very cute. I like the ones with the big ears too, Dumbo Rats?
    Yes there dumbo's,I'm hoping to get some soon.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh So cute! I am missing my pet ratties so much!!! seriously considering getting 2 boys......

Go on get a couple,you know you want to.
    Have you ever seen these,Natal rats?
    There also known as multi-mummery mice.
    multi500pic.jpg
    multi500pic4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hun I used to keep multi mice a few years ago. There are quite cute but can be some what aggressive!

Do you sell your ratties & multis?? Not so interested in the multimamate mice but the cute white & grey ratties are ADORABLE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

They are all gorgeous! I am not going to breed any litters since it is too hard to rehome the kittens but I'd love to have some different varieties as well as my two hooded girls. That last pic of the Natal with the striped face is too cute for words!

'cptr

Bond-007 wrote:
    Hun I used to keep multi mice a few years ago. There are quite cute but can be some what aggressive!

Do you sell your ratties & multis?? Not so interested in the multimamate mice but the cute white & grey ratties are ADORABLE!!!

I have herd a lot of people saying there very aggressive
    but I must say mine are no problem.The only time I've been
    given a warning nip was just a mother not wanting me near
    the young.I do sell a limited number but not from this litter,
    there all going to homes soon.

They are all gorgeous! I am not going to breed any litters since it is too hard to rehome the kittens but I'd love to have some different varieties as well as my two hooded girls. That last pic of the Natal with the striped face is too cute for words!

'cptr
    The bottom one is a normal but yes there very
    cute.

SCI wrote:
    The bottom one is a normal but yes there very
    cute.
    I just haven't seen that many rat varieties to be able to tell - the agouti coat and big ears threw me! Do you sell rat kittens? Do you use the (NO PIMPING OTHER FORUMS HERE!!!!!!! ) website?

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've a terror of rats (I know, I know - there's a big difference between the sewer variety and the domestic one) but they're a bunch of cuties.
    SCI wrote:
    Rex x Rex

What does that mean?
    SCI wrote:
    she ate all her first litter

Am I evil for lolling at that?!

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote:
    No, but when you have kids you won't be allowed to eat them no matter how much you want to. My guinea pigs used do it all the time - its probably a nutritious snack...

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:D

It reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons where Lisa's trying to decide whether or not to buy a hamster. The pet shop owner loses his patience and says "look kid, just buy him before his mother eats him". Fell about the place when I first saw it, but obviously there's more than a grain of truth in there!

Dudess wrote:
    I've a terror of rats (I know, I know - there's a big difference between the sewer variety and the domestic one) but they're a bunch of cuties.

What does that mean?

Rex X Rex means the mother and father were both rex
    rats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

SCI wrote:

Do animals actually eat their young? :eek:
    I've never heard of such a thing before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

:D:D I just love rats my boys keep asking me to get one to add to are aready big family but my husband won't here tell of it. but the same as my budgies came if they where in need of a good home lol.:D :D:D

micmclo wrote:
    SCI wrote:

Do animals actually eat their young? :eek:
    I've never heard of such a thing before

Yes it's very common in rodents,mostly in
    first time mothers.I guess they just don't know
    what to do with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

Awwww.... they are so cute! A friend of mine had show rats for a while, used to go with her when she showed them, she won a few prices. They were little cuties who loved to be groomed. :)

And micmclo, eating of young is quite common in the animal world - especially if they mothers get stressed. I've heard that its very common in pigs actually, and even gorillas will eat their young if they percieve the group to be threatened. I guess the idea behind that is that the babies slow the group down and they don't want to leave any trail behind if there's something following them... I think it can also happen in some animals if the mother doesn't have the nutrition to bring up her young, and of course, sometimes it happens for no reason we can see...

Advertisement