Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio

• 05-06-2007 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

Easeh! Easeh! Thank god that smug tosser will be finally off the screen. He was the only thing that made watching Soccer AM unberable for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

yeah theres a thread on it in television,glad to see him go tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ah crap, he was great. wont be the same.

Every one of us would love our own forum in the public eye to say how great our teams are, especially while the team is winning. I wouldnt begrudge him that. It's not like it ever really overdone anyway. The whole put on "I'm the best all round everythign in the world" thing was actually funny imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The show wont be the same without him. He brought more to it than Helen imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

awww bugger, very disappointed :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Death of the show IMO, won't be anywhere near as good without him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

though he was good myself always up for a laugh etc, will be missed, no doubts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Cant say I'm bothered. I cant stand Soccer AM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Easeh! Easeh! Thank god that smug tosser will be finally off the screen. He was the only thing that made watching Soccer AM unberable for me.

Cant say I know him well enough to make any statements as strong as yours but I find him fairly funny and brings alot to the show in my opinion.
    Could be hard to replace him, dont know how much he did behind the scenes but that could be the major loss besides the presenting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

p_larkin99 wrote:

hang about we dont know who his replcaement is going to be yet...maybe hte multi talented Philip Schofield....NOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

damn, I liked Tim.

Not as easy on the eye as Helen, but worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Galvasean wrote:
    Cant say I'm bothered. I cant stand Soccer AM
    QFT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ah tim was top class he is far better than ya man from the all sports show

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't think it'll necessarily be the end of SoccerAM but he'll be missed. I like the show a lot and he's a big part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I agree redzer , Helen never seems to get on with the bloke from the all sports show as much as Tim.

I must say I am disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, I liked Tim, alas, the show won't be as good without him, but since I won't have Sky Sports next year, what do I care :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

lovejoy was class! made the show worth watching!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, I liked Tim, alas, the show won't be as good without him, but since I won't have Sky Sports next year, what do I care :)

You could watch it on Sky One.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    You could watch it on Sky One.

Think that was only done for the last few weeks of last season. I'd imagine normal service will be resumed next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Soccer AM losing Lovejoy is the equivalent of Arsenal losing Henry, United losing Ronaldo, Liverpool losing Gerrard or Milan losing Kaka. He made the show what it is, and that 'smug tosser' side to him is only part of the show. You either like his show or not - people have gotten banned for personal abuse before which is against the charter, so I for one will be reporting the OPs post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Archimedes wrote:
    Soccer AM losing Lovejoy is the equivalent of Arsenal losing Henry, United losing Ronaldo, Liverpool losing Gerrard or Milan losing Kaka. He made the show what it is, and that 'smug tosser' side to him is only part of the show. You either like his show or not - people have gotten banned for personal abuse before which is against the charter, so I for one will be reporting the OPs post.

In fairness, I don't think Tim Lovejoy will be too offended by someone calling him a smug tosser, :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Archimedes wrote:

Fancy him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Archimedes wrote:
    please tell me you forgot this:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

As Alan Partridge might say, people who report posts are saaaahhahaahdddd.

Dont have S Sports myself, that Helen bird is a ride :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Nanny state, surely what chance is there of Tim Lovejoy reading this thread and crying because he's been insulted by an internet crank!
    Must admit i enjoyed Soccer Am, shame to see him go, but we'll see what its like without him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

First I've heard of this. Won't be the same without him, funny guy, great on-screen partnership with Helen. Don't agree with OP at ll, although bit harsh with the reporting of the thread there. What about all the Fat Frank comments?

Collie D wrote:
    What about all the Fat Frank comments?

Not really personal abuse if its truenow, is it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RasTa wrote:
    Fancy him?

No , do you?;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Spot on. The replacement for him will never be accepted. Lovejoy more or less was the face of the whole show. I'm disappointed to be honest, it was better than any of the other shíte that was on of a saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Archimedes wrote:
    And that my friends is what's wrong with the Soccer Forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

awwh I was hoping this was going to be about Dunphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Cannot understand where any of the jibes are coming from, he was always up for the craic and you were always guaranteed a few LOL's watching it.
    I hope they've someone decent lined up to replace him because it's a fairly big deal, esp to those of us who appreciate a good footy show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i heard Dunphy and Neil Warnock are taking over for Tim - exciting times ahead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Now that I'd watch ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BaZmO* wrote:
    And that my friends is what's wrong with the Soccer Forum.

Beat me to it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXJo_mefbfc

Haha, i enjoy watchin Lovejoy, ill definately miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The Muppet wrote:
    No , do you?;)

Oh yeah, he is dreamy! But c'mon the dude had him in the same sentence with Kaka, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Henry etc!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Won't be the same with out him. :(

Ralf Little has apparently taken on the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Good riddance to him and the show. The soccer am culture has a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Archimedes wrote:

pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RasTa wrote:
    Oh yeah, he is dreamy! But c'mon the dude had him in the same sentence with Kaka, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Henry etc!!!

On second thoughts.:)

BTW I agreee with Bazmo and Super Furry and Chucky's sentiments .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well it looks like Archimedes got his wish. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Tim Lovejoy was the heart and soul of that show and it won't be the same without him. Th all sports show has been rubbish since he left.

Advertisement