Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-WOW, are they still trading??

Options
  • 05-06-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Anybody know what the story is if you have a current order with cd wow, I put in an order for command and conquer for the xbox360 on the 16th of may. Then since the news of them having to fork out £41 million, i have been getting an email every week saying that they are still waitin for stock of the item to arrive. The latest one saying they hope to have it on 11/6/07. I have emailed customer suipport but i just get a general response saying delivery has been delayed.

Are they still actaully trading, or are they trying to put me off??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yes they are. I got an voucher for €2 from them today....they said there was a fire above their warehouse

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=11&art_id=45081&sid=13728420&con_type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wonder how many millions their insurance claim will be on the fire policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

I put in an order Just after their fire because they said it was sorted. That was the 29th of May and I have yet to receive the 2 games I bought from them. I tried to cancel my credit card payment but they had already been paid 2 weeks ago through it. I'm going to go to the Gardai at the end of the week if their not here by then. What bugs me is they said they sent both of the titles and are trying to blame me in response - saying that I gave the wrong address!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Your wasting your time going to the Gardai about it, cant't see them going out to Hong Kong for you, I have a package gone missing and am still in contact with their help section over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

smoc, contact your card providor if nothing shows up and cdwow are still giving you the run around. They can do a chargeback if cdwow don't come through.

I've had one DVD come through last week that was posted the week before. Two others posted at the same time haven't arrived yet though, I'm giving it till the weekend to contact them for replacements. They've been really slow processing orders lately though, took over a week from ordering those to when they posted. Others have taken almost two weeks lately too.

Sendit and Play are getting most of my orders these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 9th

I have ordered from CD wow dozens of times and have always received a top notch sevice. Anyone know anything else about the fire, or the 41M they had to pay?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I ordered 2 CDs on 7th June, and when I checked the status on the 18th they were "Pending Dispatch" so I e-mailed them and got the following reply:
    Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in dispatching this order.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in receiving these products
    from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the
    goods will be available for dispatch.

As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email.

If you wish to cancel the orders and receive a full refund due to the
    delay please let us know and we will arrange this for you.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this delay, and
    thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

If you require any further assistance at this time then please do not
    hesitate to get back to us.

Kind Regards

Nearly 3 weeks later the current status is still "Pending Despatch". Now admittedly I'm not in any major hurry for them and so I'll wait, but it's a bit irritating and I doubt I'll ever be ordering anything from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

got the same email, waiting since the end of may for 3 cd's. ordered a dvd that i havent received ANY correspondence for mid may and cant get through to the customer service, i like the above poster will not be using them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I order from CDWOW all the time and have always recieved excellent service... all the posts here though make me wonder how long it's going to last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

CDWOW have become an unmitigated disaster within the past 18 months.

Before 2006 their service was terrific. Like buying anything online delays will always occur but I would guess that before that period about 4 out 5 of my orders from CDWOW would arrive on time or even in advance of dispatch dates!

2006 onwards they've been a fcuking joke and have got progressively worse. They have done a 180* and about 4 out of my 5 orders will be delayed or get lost or even no record of them!

I gave up on them for a brief period but the lure of cheap CDs was too much! Now CDs I ordered 5 weeks in advance of their release date were out of stock on their dispatch date! WTF like!!! This has happened another 2 times since.

What has tipped me over the edge is a CD I ordered over a month ago. Nothing had arrived, I never recieved a confimration email so I went to check my orders profile on their site and there was absolutely no record of the product purchase despite my credit card already been handsomely charged! Luckily as I had taken down the order number when I made the purchase and After a complaint I got the usual ''blah blah out of stock, all the suppliers fault blah blah blah'' BS. I was offered a refund on the product to which I replied and accepted but I've heard nothing back from them!

I'm seriously concerned that I will never recieve that refund and another outstanding delayed CD. CD seemed royally f**ked with this compensation they must throw out to the industry and it is reflected in the astonishing decline in their service of the last while. I can't see them being around for much longer, it's a shame because they used to be great and the prices were fantastic but either way I can't ever use their now sh!tty service again or I'll just go insane... if I haven't already! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I ordered a dvd on Mon and it was despatched yesterday - never had any problem with them or delayed/lost orders - but maybe I'm just lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

I cancelled my order and just bought it in xtravision. Looks like i would still be waiting if i didnt cancel. I got a refund about 2 or 3 days later. Dont think ill ever use them again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered something on the 23rd of June, not dispatched yet. Might drop them an email at some point to see what's going on though maybe it's a bit early...

23rd of June? That's nothing! I ordered on the 7th, got a reply to an e-mail on the 18th and I've just sent them another e-mail asking if they have any intentions of sending me my CDs at all. If I get anything back that might be of use to others I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CASEsensitive

i ordered 2 cds from cdwow on the 6th of June, i contacted them last week about them as they were pending dispatch and they said they would be dispatched last monday. when that didn't happen i emailed them back and asked them to be refunded as i said i was unsure of whether they were still trading. i have recieved no reply yet, so i don't know, i'll leave it another day or two before contacting my credit card company.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

im still waiting on Forza 2 for 3 weeks now..it was posted 3 weeks though.

Avoid using them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

i ordered a game off them on the 30th of May, the money has gone out of my account since that day and i have been e-mailing them all the time since then, first i was told i had to pay again that the payment didnt go through, needless to say i basically told them to f off, and that i was not paying for the same thing twice, then since i have been asked to confrim my home address, this morning i recieved this e-mail

Hi

Thank you for confirming your address.

I can only assume then, that it has been lost in the postal system - and I entirely understand the disappointment this inevitably causes.

I will ensure that a replacement order is sent out to you immediately.

In the event that both dispatched orders arrive, we would be grateful if you could return one to us at the following address:

PRIME Outsourcing
    (CD WOW!)
    Delfon 7
    Larnaca
    CYPRUS

Please remember to include a note stating your name, your order number, e-mail address and reason for return.

Thank you for shopping with us. We very much appreciate it, and I sincerely hope that this genuinely rare occurrence will not deter you from using our service again in the future.

If you have any further enquiries then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Nicole
    CD WOW! Customer Services

I wonder if i will ever see it!! its not the money its the principal! So i am going to keep at them now. Is the post really that bad. I have used them loads of times before and never any problems. I dont think i would use them again, its not worth the hassle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've ordered 4 things from CDWOW in the last month or so.

A game and DVD on June 10th. The game was dispatched on the 11th and arrived on the 19th/20th. The DVD was dispatched on the 15th and arrived today (July 5th).

Two CDs were preordered on June 15th. One was due for release on June 19th, got an "Order Delay" email on the 26th. The other isn't due for release until next week.

CDWOW were never the fastest in my experience ("Lost Season 1" took a few months IIRC). They do seem to be struggling some what with all the legal proceedings by the BPI (and IRMA?), and the fire at their warehouse. I'll still use them, but not as much as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

stiil no sign of orders i placed at the end of may and early june, im starting to get worried as my emails arent being replied to. ill never be using them again even if i get the stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I haven't received my order that I made on the 28th June. They emailed me and said that it would be shipped on the 3rd but I've heard nothing since.

When I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago, to be fair to them they replied the same day. I sent an e-mail 2 days ago that wasn't rude, but it was clear that I wasn't happy with them. No reply to that so far. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CASEsensitive

I recieved an email off them today stating that they were still trading but were just experiencing delays. I thought it was just better to get a refund for all my outstanding orders, rather than wait 2 months for them and they said thats fine, and are processing my refund.

I finally got a reply to my e-mail:
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in dispatching your
    order.

Unfortunately, I am currently unable to advise of a confirmed shipping date
    for these items - as we are still awaiting information from our suppliers.

I can appreciate that you may not wish to wait any longer, and would
    understand if you would prefer to have the item cancelled and refunded.

If this is the case then please get back to me and I will see to it
    immediately

Once again, thank you for your patience in this matter - Sorry I cannot be
    of more help at this time.

Kind Regards

Well that's very informative, isn't it? I haven't deceided whether I'll look for a refund yet or give it another week or so, but I certainly will never be ordering from them again.

Hi

Thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, our stock of Region 1 - WEST WING: COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION
    (45PC) has been exhausted therefore a full refund has been processed back to
    your card.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion, but if
    there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to get back
    to us.

Kind Regards

Refund has come through, guess I'll try Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There was a similar thread about this a few weeks ago and at that time I posted this.

Got a few vouchers from them today :)

Me too. I posted them on the Bargain Alerts frum for anyone that wants them because I certainly don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I thought it was just me.
    8/6: Ordered a game
    13/6: Got an email saying they were out of stock but hope to dispatch on the 18/6
    20/6: Got an email saying they were out of stock and the advised shipping date is the 22/6
    25/6: Got an email saying they were out of stock and the advised shipping date is the 29/6
    2/7: Finally dispatched
    7 days later and it's not here yet but I've got high hopes for tomorrow.

Edit: It's tomorrow, my high hopes were dashed. DAMN YOU CD WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Got a refund out of them last week, notice that they have also changed their payments method. it doesnt look secure at all, has anyone taken a risk with it. Its a pity whats happened to them, they were pioneers in getting cd prices down pretty low, and had some good DVD bargains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I thought it was just me.
    8/6: Ordered a game
    13/6: Got an email saying they were out of stock but hope to dispatch on the 18/6
    20/6: Got an email saying they were out of stock and the advised shipping date is the 22/6
    25/6: Got an email saying they were out of stock and the advised shipping date is the 29/6
    2/7: Finally dispatched
    7 days later and it's not here yet but I've got high hopes for tomorrow.

Same story with me, ordered the new Scrubs season on the 12th of May for pre-release the 8th of June.

Never got an email saying that the release date (region 2) had changed to the 18th of June...7 days after that date and nothing.

I then emailed them and asking what the story was to customer care and they replied saying it will hopefully be dispatched on the 29th of June.
    Then 2 hours later I get the automated type email telling me that it was nothing going to be dispatched until the 6th July?

So I emailed them today again so I will let yiz know what the reply is. If it does not arrive by this weekend I'm ringing up and cancelling my order.

Advertisement