Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-WOW, are they still trading??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Nea wrote:
    Would this fire be the one I got an email about on the 5th June.
    Dear Member

We would like to thank you warmly for your continued support after a difficult week. Sadly there was a serious fire above our warehouse last week. If you wish to read more please visit:

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/.

The links report is dated May 23rd.

I am waiting on a 2 cds since 13th June.I have learned my lesson at this stage but I am pissed off as I used them a lot.

Does anyone use other sites apart from bangcd that accept laser card?

They may turn up...I got a ton of dvd's from cdwow that I had assumed had gone for a hop and had been emailing about (about 5 in all) that were sent June 14th/15th - and they all arrived Monday I think.

Have heard this elsewhere as well that there were massive delays for some reason with packages from that time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Things may be looking up. I just got an e-mail out of the blue advising me that one of the two CDs I ordered on June 7th was dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

zaph wrote:
    Things may be looking up. I just got an e-mail out of the blue advising me that one of the two CDs I ordered on June 7th was dispatched.

Jesus, nearly 2 months. I presume they weren't pre-release and should have been available on the day you ordered!

I used to use CDWOW for all my CD/DVD purchases but I have stopped completely - I'm using Play.com now.

Not at all, both are at least a year old. The first CD arrived this morning, so delivery was pretty quick when they finally got around to it, and I've just received an e-mail saying the second one had been dispatched. I doubt I'll ever be using them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

still waiting on 2 orders placed late may and early june, then i get an email off them this morning tell me my order 'the sugababes' has been dispatched, i didnt even order that!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've used them for orders once or twice in the past and almost all were plagued with delays of some sort although nothing serious.

However, I've gone right off them after the latest debacle (and I can only describe it as such). I ordered two DVDs on pre-release, got billed shortly there-after. Then got a couple of mails about one DVD (Blood Diamond) being delayed. Which is fair enough, albeit annoying when you're reading mail #3 or #4 saying the same thing a few weeks later.

The other DVD was "Flags of Our fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima" (4-disc edition). I received no notice whatsoever about it. It was released a few weeks ago. Still no notice from cdwow about it. i couldn't even check the website to see if the order existed! So I ended up having to chase them up the other day about it wanting to know where both DVDs were. The reply? "We've had problems with suppliers etc. etc.". So I've found out that I would not be expecting it for the foreseeable future at which point I decided I'd cancel it and walk into a shop (since any shops I've seen in Dublin don't seem to have any problems with suppliers ... ). And to add insult to injury, Virgin Megastores were considerably cheaper than cdwow - €6 cheaper. Then add in student discount and that's €10 cheaper.

I've apparently been refunded although only a couple of days will tell, and I will be incredibly hesitant to darken my eyeballs with the sight of cdwow's website ever again.

The only thing I will say to cdwow's credit is that I received pretty decent replies to any mail I sent (webmail form only .. sending replies to their email address just bounce)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

just a further update on the cd i ordered on the 10th of july, they had another delay on theyre dispatch, now they expect to recieve stock and send mine out on 17/08/2007.
    i have finally bit the bullet and asked for my money back. its only a 8.95 order but the delay is ridiculous at this stage. fingers crossed i get it.

The second CD I ordered on June 6th finally arrived this morning. It's the last thing I'll be receiving from CD-WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I think they may be back to normal now, I ordered a DVD off them on the first of August and it arrived today, so 8 days pretty good going.

further dalays to my orders placed late may and early june, i am being told to expect delivery on the 17th of this month, i sent a reply in block caps but know it wont make a difference, got the sugababes today even though i never ordered it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

And the title is straight to the point!

Ordered five items from CD Wow on 24 July and at the time the site stated that they were all in stock! However, as soon as the payment was processed, surprisingly I received a mail saying 4 of the 5 items are not in stock and would be dispatched a week later, a week later the same mail arrived and the same again the other day!

As regards, the 5th item, I never received a mail saying it was delayed however according to their site it is still "pending dispatch".

Getting really annoyed at this stage! I've just mailed their customer service a few minutes ago so here's hoping for a reply!

Does anyone know is it possible to cancel orders with CD Wow and receive a full refund????

• Registered Users Posts: 46,107 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I ordered a DVD on August 8 and got an email on August 10 saying it was dispatched. It does take a good few days for delivery so I wont panic yet.

What does worry me though and I dont know if this has been posted here or not is that they have apparently went into receivership.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

ordered a cd at the start of july and 6 weeks later still hadn't got it so emailed cd wow and told them to cancel. they then emailed saying they would despatch it in 2 weeks even after i had asked them to cancel and get refund. emailed them back and told them 8 weeks wait for 1 cd was unacceptable and to do as i asked and give me my refund.

will never buy from them again.

And the title is straight to the point!

Ordered five items from CD Wow on 24 July and at the time the site stated that they were all in stock! However, as soon as the payment was processed, surprisingly I received a mail saying 4 of the 5 items are not in stock and would be dispatched a week later, a week later the same mail arrived and the same again the other day!

As regards, the 5th item, I never received a mail saying it was delayed however according to their site it is still "pending dispatch".

Getting really annoyed at this stage! I've just mailed their customer service a few minutes ago so here's hoping for a reply!

Does anyone know is it possible to cancel orders with CD Wow and receive a full refund????

If you have any problems email their Customer Services Director - Tammy Stewart: tammy@cd-wow.com

Don't know what happened to CD-WOW but they used to have an excellent service but it has been shíte of late (besides the fire incident)! As mentioned above it also appears to have gone into receivership! I have stopped using them and now use play.com at least you know with them if an item is in stock or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scottyevo

Jesus, nearly 2 months. I presume they weren't pre-release and should have been available on the day you ordered!

I used to use CDWOW for all my CD/DVD purchases but I have stopped completely - I'm using Play.com now.

you think thats bad
    i ordered a cd on the 16th of january
    and still havnt got it!
    Ive sent them about 5 email, but i only got one reply about 3 months ago saying it will dispatched in a week.. still not here

scottyevo wrote:
    you think thats bad
    i ordered a cd on the 16th of january
    and still havnt got it!
    Ive sent them about 5 email, but i only got one reply about 3 months ago saying it will dispatched in a week.. still not here

Ah here, email Tammy tammy@cd-wow.com and get a refund that's taking the piss!!!

My sister asked me to order a CD for her the other day, and CD-WOW happened to be one of only two sites that I could find that actually had it, and it was half the price of the otehr site. I told her that she'd be taking a chance as it took two months for me to receive my last order, but she said go ahead anyway, as long as it arrived eventually. That was Saturday and I got an e-mail on Monday saying the CD has been dispatched. It's hard to figure out what exactly is going on with this company at this stage, although I still won't ever use them again myself.

muffler wrote:
    I ordered a DVD on August 8 and got an email on August 10 saying it was dispatched. It does take a good few days for delivery so I wont panic yet.

What does worry me though and I dont know if this has been posted here or not is that they have apparently went into receivership.
    Meant to post this earlier. I got the DVD within a week of ordering so perhaps things are back to normal.

Finally got a response to my email yesterday, one of the items which I ordered on 24 July 2007 will be dispatched on 31 August, anyone else agree that this is non-acceptable?

The other 4 items are obviously swimming around in no-man land!!

Last time, I'll ever use CD Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I've stuck to only ordering DVDs in their top 75 and they have all reached me within 2 weeks of ordering them recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Came on here looking to see if anyone was having the same problems as me with CD Wow, looks like there are a lot!

Ordered Missy Higgins CD at the beginning of June, emailed about 2 weeks later seeing where it was. They replied quick enough, and said it would be dispatched in first week of July. At the end of July I emailed again to see where the CD was. Got the same story, a 'Slight delay' and it would be dispatched in first week of August. Another 2 weeks after I saw the CD for new on ebay for a euro more, bought that, received it, so went about cancelling CD wow order. Emailed them twice, no reply, so emailed again yesterday and got a reply late last night saying they were having trouble with their financial provider and that I would have to wait a while for my refund. They offered me a voucher in lieu of refund. 3 months waiting for a standard CD is complete bull.

I had never used them before, and I never will again. Told them I dont want the voucher and that if they can take the money within 24 hours for a CD they dont have how come they cant refund within a reasonable timeframe.

Its only €12, but its not the point. They cant be doing stuff like this. Most game websites dont charge you until they dispatch the item. I have preordered games and only get charged when its posted. I have also ordered games, and they inform you if it is out of stock so you have a choice if you want to continue with the purchase. And they still wont charge until dispatch either.

hanton12 wrote:
    Came on here looking to see if anyone was having the same problems as me with CD Wow, looks like there are a lot!

Ordered Missy Higgins CD at the beginning of June, emailed about 2 weeks later seeing where it was. They replied quick enough, and said it would be dispatched in first week of July. At the end of July I emailed again to see where the CD was. Got the same story, a 'Slight delay' and it would be dispatched in first week of August. Another 2 weeks after I saw the CD for new on ebay for a euro more, bought that, received it, so went about cancelling CD wow order. Emailed them twice, no reply, so emailed again yesterday and got a reply late last night saying they were having trouble with their financial provider and that I would have to wait a while for my refund. They offered me a voucher in lieu of refund. 3 months waiting for a standard CD is complete bull.

I had never used them before, and I never will again. Told them I dont want the voucher and that if they can take the money within 24 hours for a CD they dont have how come they cant refund within a reasonable timeframe.

Its only €12, but its not the point. They cant be doing stuff like this. Most game websites dont charge you until they dispatch the item. I have preordered games and only get charged when its posted. I have also ordered games, and they inform you if it is out of stock so you have a choice if you want to continue with the purchase. And they still wont charge until dispatch either.

They've gone to shíte altogether. I used to use them all the time and I am now using play.com.

Any problems you are having getting a refund email tammy@cd-wow.com she's the Customer Services Director.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

They've gone to shíte altogether. I used to use them all the time and I am now using play.com.

Any problems you are having getting a refund email tammy@cd-wow.com she's the Customer Services Director.

well they already know I want a refund, but are saying it is delayed. Will try emailing her but cant see it making any difference.

this is a copy of what was sent this morning:

Thank you for contacting us.

I have now cancelled the item as requested.

I am very sorry to advise that I am unable to process your refund at this time and completely appreciate the frustration that this may cause.

Our payment provider is still experiencing a technical problem which is not allowing us to process your refund at the moment we are talking to them currently in the hope that they can resolve this issue as soon as possible.

This means that you will need to wait a little longer for your refund but
    please rest assured we are working with them very closely to get this resolved in the quickest possible time.

The alternative would be for us to issue you with an e-voucher which you could redeem against a future order, should you choose to shop with us.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

hanton12 wrote:
    well they already know I want a refund, but are saying it is delayed. Will try emailing her but cant see it making any difference.

this is a copy of what was sent this morning:

Thank you for contacting us.

I have now cancelled the item as requested.

I am very sorry to advise that I am unable to process your refund at this time and completely appreciate the frustration that this may cause.

Our payment provider is still experiencing a technical problem which is not allowing us to process your refund at the moment we are talking to them currently in the hope that they can resolve this issue as soon as possible.

This means that you will need to wait a little longer for your refund but
    please rest assured we are working with them very closely to get this resolved in the quickest possible time.

The alternative would be for us to issue you with an e-voucher which you could redeem against a future order, should you choose to shop with us.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Don't mind the normal help@cd-wow.com email address if you want to get anywhere email tammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

It took about 6 weeks to receive my order. Looks like the fire messed them up more than they let on and they are struggling to catch up with a reduced infrastructure. If their relationship with their payment gateways is in trouble, then so is the company. You have to wonder how may people have left them never to return. I'd need to hear a lot of good press about them to return to them.

finally got the stuff i ordered late may/early june today and yesterday, only received the shipping email this morning. i will never use them again

Don't mind the normal help@cd-wow.com email address if you want to get anywhere email tammy.
    I wonder would it do any good to email a link to this thread to Tammy just to show her how people feel about the non delivery of their orders.

muffler wrote:
    I wonder would it do any good to email a link to this thread to Tammy just to show her how people feel about the non delivery of their orders.

I was thinking that myself a while ago actually - it might do no harm.

She might also just delete it too!

Suppose it's worth a shot all the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

ya i'm the same, ordered 2 dvds at start of august, got one, was delayed alrite but could blame that on local post, but the other one has no sign of ever getting delivered, they said that they have a problem with their supplier.
    Its the first time i ever used them but to be honest i won't be using them again. don't understand why they charge up front and then don't send u on the dvds

• Advertisement

The only thing which is going to improve CD wow's current performance is bad publicity!

E-mail the link to Tammy and also the all the companies who advertise on CD WoW!

Hit them where it hurts, their pockets!

Advertisement