Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-WOW, are they still trading??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

See Below:

"
    Original Message
    Sent: 10 September 2007 16:51
    Subject: CD WOW!

*** WARNING : This message originates from the Internet ***

Hi

Thanks for that and I'm fully aware that we're not getting very good press at the moment due to a number of issues but MTOL (HK) Ltd (the company who owned CD WOW!) has now been sold so there is light at the end of the tunnel at last!

There have been a lot of issues over the last few months, such as the BPI Court Case, the fire in our warehouse which affected dispatch and payment service provider issues preventing us from processing refunds.

However I am pleased to say that in conjunction with the new owners of CD WOW! we are now working very hard to get the business back on track.

Kind regards

Tammy

CD WOW! Customer Service Director
    www.cd-wow.com

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They'll literally have to start giving stuff away free and deliver it in no more than three days to regain the goodwill and business they've lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

My take is this, niw that I've had a chance to consider. My order was late, but it arrived. I'm more miffed that I wasn't forewarned than anything else.

This company was the big innovator for cheap CDs in Ireland. Most of the posters here probably saved a few quid by dealing with them. They went through big problems as outlined in Tammy's email above, and people like Tammy are being pretty open about the problems.

I figure I'll wait a month or two and give them another shot. If they get that wrong, I'm gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I agree. They have some major problems, but they've been giving good deals for years. I was never a huge user of them, but they've saved a lot of people a lot of money, so give them a chance. As squibs has said, they've been open about their problems, and I'd say they'll be sorted soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Seem to be improving a bit.
    Ordered a DVD last Tuesday evening, shipped on Thursday, arrived this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I had a pain in my hole waiting so I switched what I ordered in June to something different. Changed it last Tuesday and received it today.

It wasnt a Top 75 album either.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

manc wrote:
    I think everyone is getting that email - see my post in another thread about CDWOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Think I'll stick with Play.com at least you know if an item is in stock or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

muffler wrote:
    I think everyone is getting that email - see my post in another thread about CDWOW

I didn't get one :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

How is cdwow these days? I placed two orders back in June only got one of them and it took over 6 weeks for it to arrive. Swore I would never use them again but now they have some NTSC DVDs I am after and cheaper than my alternative.

Have they got their act together?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I've had no problems with them since the new owners took over, only thing not dispatched by the next day and which I was waiting on is Black sheep which was out of stock for a week but was sent

Delivery taking about 5-7 days but a little slower since the UK post strikes ... so in all they seem vastly improve from the orders i've done lately.

samo wrote: »
    I've had no problems with them since the new owners took over, only thing not dispatched by the next day and which I was waiting on is Black sheep which was out of stock for a week but was sent

Delivery taking about 5-7 days but a little slower since the UK post strikes ... so in all they seem vastly improve from the orders i've done lately.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I ordered Season 1 of lost on the 18th- their online tracking states that it's pending shipment! I doubt i will use them again, i thought they were better before to be honest.

I wont be doing anything till Friday so more opinions would be appreciated. I would be saving €30 by going through CDWOW but with my alternative I at least know the items are in stoke and would ship in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

ordered a game last friday, the 26th, got an email to say i'd receive it in 7-10 days, got it today! first time using cdwow as well!

I ordered my DVDs on Friday and all 3 shipped today. They do indeed seem to be back on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

CD wow are back to their best since the new owners took over.
    I have ordered a few CD's, got them no problem within a week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

Defo back on track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

They lost 1 one DVD on me, and still havent gotten back to me when I wrote to customer service!

• Advertisement

They lost 1 one DVD on me, and still havent gotten back to me when I wrote to customer service!

There customer service has always been terrible. If they don't email you back I would suggest ringing them. You'll get through to a call centre in India but thats basically the same place your emails are going.

My DVDs shipped 7 days ago and still haven't arrived. Back when CDWOW on form delivery time was almost always exactly 5 days. Basically just want to know if I should be starting to worry or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Ordered high school musical 2 off them for the daughters birthday on the 3rd September. CD arrived yesterday. Thanks CDWOW!:mad:

dts wrote: »
    Ordered high school musical 2 off them for the daughters birthday on the 3rd September. CD arrived yesterday. Thanks CDWOW!:mad:

I had a similar experience before they sorted their problems out.

I know its not backlog from the British postal strike thats slowing things down I had an order from Amazon shipped to me on Sunday and it arrived this morning.

Another day and no DVDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Die Hard 4 shipped October 31st only arrived with me yesterday - yet something else from cdwow (cant remember what now!) fromm Nov 3rd arrived with it, so there does seem to be a few days discrepancy alright - whether thats cdwow or An Post to blame who knows!

One down two to go. I'm very relieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

I've never had a problem with their customer service. I ordered three items at different times. the first arrived while the other two didn't.

They immediately refunded me on one item which they longer had in stock while they dispatched another item to replace item lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sort of OT but I got some spam from CDwow this morning offering to sell me an investment package (!)
    Yeah, I'll stick to the cheap DVDs thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Still waiting for my "lost season 1" boxset. It has been "shipped"-But to where?

Its shocking- I placed the order on october 18th-The very same day i sent my Targa dvd recorder back to targa to be repaired and I got that back last friday. I think Cdwow are extracting the michael!!

Advertisement