Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-WOW, are they still trading??

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

chasm wrote: »
    Still waiting for my "lost season 1" boxset. It has been "shipped"-But to where?

Its shocking- I placed the order on october 18th-The very same day i sent my Targa dvd recorder back to targa to be repaired and I got that back last friday. I think Cdwow are extracting the michael!!

They are a joke of a company, i ordered a game last week on pe-release, it was relased on friday and meant to be dispatched the same day, got a mail saying on friday instead saying they ran out of stock and it was delayed till tomorrow then got another email today saying it delayed again until the 23rd.

ffs i can just go to a shop and pick it up tonight for 5 quid more.

Ive sent them a mail asking to cancel my order and refund my credit card.

anyone successfully cancel an order with them before and get thier money back or do they just give like shop credit for the amount???

do you have to ring them up to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

They are a joke of a company, i ordered a game last week on pe-release, it was relased on friday and meant to be dispatched the same day, got a mail saying on friday instead saying they ran out of stock and it was delayed till tomorrow then got another email today saying it delayed again until the 23rd.

ffs i can just go to a shop and pick it up tonight for 5 quid more.

Ive sent them a mail asking to cancel my order and refund my credit card.

anyone successfully cancel an order with them before and get thier money back or do they just give like shop credit for the amount???

do you have to ring them up to cancel?

So much for them improving. You are better off ordering from play.com, at least u know if an item is in stock or not and the delivery times are accurate.

If you have any problems getting a refund, email tammy@cd-wow.com she is the "Customer Services Director". They generally refund your credit / debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ordered a game last week on pe-release, it was relased on friday and meant to be dispatched the same day, got a mail saying on friday instead saying they ran out of stock and it was delayed till tomorrow
    Yeah I ordered Call of Duty 4 on pre release and the same has happened.

I've sent them a "nice" email basically asking them (in the absence of the non availability of the item being displayed on their web site) if they can guarantee dispatch on the given date. If no guarantee is forthcoming I have requested a full refund and advised that I am going to make a formal complaint with the Trading Standards Authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

So much for them improving. You are better off ordering from play.com, at least u know if an item is in stock or not and the delivery times are accurate.

If you have any problems getting a refund, email tammy@cd-wow.com she is the "Customer Services Director". They generally refund your credit / debit card.

yeah they canceled the order yesterday and said my credit card will be refunded so at least thier customer service is not too bad.

pity about thier crap operating methods, i mean if you order something on
    pre-release ud think they would have enough stock in place to cover thier orders come release day. it not as if the thing is sold out everyhwere,

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seeing as I have slagged them off in the past, it's only fair that I give them credit where appropriate. Ordered a CD on the 8th (I know I swore I wouldn't ever again, but I used the €3 off Herald voucher so it was a very good deal), and it was delivered today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Ordered Transformers, Ratatouille and a Scrubs DVD off them in the last month. Scrubs and Ratatouille arrived safe and sound and Transformers dispatched on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Manthevan

I have bought several items from Cd wow. And though delivery times may be long(they have many customers in many different countries) they always deliver. They have exellent customer service and fairly cheap prices.

I can only recommend them:)

Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Manthevan wrote: »
    I have bought several items from Cd wow. And though delivery times may be long(they have many customers in many different countries) they always deliver. They have exellent customer service and fairly cheap prices.

I can only recommend them:)

Eric
    What a load of shite

Enjoy your brief stay.

Advertisement