Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief Quest problem/bug

• 05-06-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Hey

Im doing the thieves guild quest where I have to steal the countess' ring. I got 2 rings from her box which Im guessing is a bug in the game as it wont let me give them to whoever Im supposed to, the lizard woman in the bar. The menu just doesn't appear. I've tried googling this and it seems a lot of people are having the problem but no one seems to know what to do about it.

I'm not going that far back as it was about a week ago now and I've done too much in the space of time. I've gone to jail to try retrieve only ring from the evidence box (it doesnt work, you just get all your stuff back at once) and I've tried to manually replace them back in her box, but you can't drop quest items.

It's really gay cos this means I cant finish the thieves guild quests :( I want that damn mask. Anyone know what I could do? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have you tried using the console commands to advance the quest stage. This should solve your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I havent and I dont know the commands. Could you give me the command or a link to somewhere that has them? Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Console

think you'll find them there

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

If I remember correctly the rings from the jewel box are not the ones you actually need. I think you are to do the trick again, sneak in her room bla bla, while she is having a swim. Or am I mixing quests here?

Think you're mixing em up. You definitely have to sneak in her room and grab the ring from her jewlerry box. Thanks for the link.

edit: The command "completequest" doesnt work :( Gives me an error:

"Script 'SysWindowCompileandRun' Line 1:
    Missing parameter Quest
    Compiled script not saved"

What do I do? :(

• Advertisement

you probably have to enter a quest name or something from the looks of it. I play this on a 360 so I have no working knowledge of the panel commands but I'd say you have to enter the quest name

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Think you're mixing em up. You definitely have to sneak in her room and grab the ring from her jewlerry box. Thanks for the link.

edit: The command "completequest" doesnt work :( Gives me an error:

"Script 'SysWindowCompileandRun' Line 1:
    Missing parameter Quest
    Compiled script not saved"

What do I do? :(

Yeah, sneak in the room alright.... but AFTER you follow her at the lake and watch her sexy body go underwater... :D

Okay phew I finally found a fix.

From: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Ahdarji%27s_Heirloom#Bugs
    There is a workaround for this on the PC version, use the console command player.removeitem 00035E95 1 twice until the counter says 0.00, then player.additem 00035E95 1 to fix the problem.
    Thanks for the help guys!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Glad you got it sorted mate.

sweet, now go forth and pillage :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement