Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer skull

• 05-06-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I've a favour to ask here does anyone have a deer skull and/or shoulder bone that they would part with i want to carry out an experiment to satisfy my curiosity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

you have me interested, very interested

please explain?

on a different note, slightly how big is the inside diameter of a deer vertibray, would it be alot bigger than a sheep, might be interested in one of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Shooting a deer with the HMR :eek: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Kramer wrote:
    Shooting a deer with the HMR :eek: .

Useless test. You need a fully fleshed head/shoulder to test bullet penetration etc. You could shoot through a deer skull with an air rifle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Just incase anyone is getting worried i wont be shooting any deer with the .17 im just interested as to its capabilities thats all i know a couple of stalkers that would happily take me out so its not an issue.

A fully fleshed head would obviously be alot better but i was thinking of getting a skull and filling it with gelitine and shooting it through the eye socket. I mean at 50 yards im getting hole on hole hitting an eyeball shouldnt be that hard. I'm just interested in the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why not get an animal head from a butcher? Or do you specificly want a deer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement