Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Website

Options
  • 05-06-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

The results/modularisation website is horribly put together. You'd think in a college where they lecture on that sort of stuff they'd be able to produce/demand a decent website. I mean, the layout is woeful, and then when you finally get to the link that brings you to your results it just has a line of text telling you that the exam boards haven't finished. It should really have a record of your previous work etc, but it seems to be nothing more then a glorified results notice board.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Well, to be honest, it's what I've come to expect in terms of standard from DIT.

Online results are not available for Students as exam boards are ongoing. Academic Staff Members should contact their Faculty. Please see modularisation.dit.ie for further details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

But this is a relatively new website... I didn't think anyone made crap like this anymore!

Ok... so maybe the admins of the dit site read boards and have cunningly figured out my student number from my eh posting style or something...

...god damn... everybody I know has got their results but everytime I log on it gives me the "exam boards are still in session". I know the results are out, they're stick up on the wall in Aungier St. So now rather then try and climb the mountain that is IT sevices help, I'm gonna have to rush into college before work or something.

Mannnnn I hate that damn website!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Website not working for me either, I didnt know results were out, will definately pop in tommorrow or monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was told that they weren't releasing the results online until the exam board meetings have finished. when they finish i don't know.

i was also told that last year the results were released online before these meetings took place which ended up very messy for some people who were on the pass by compensation levels.

• Advertisement

Yeah but for my course the date was meant to be 8th of June... everybody else was able to check them, just not me. Ick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Ring your exams office - could be just something silly.

Oh it is something silly, they messed up putting my exam results online. The results are there sitting in college, I just have to find the time to check them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Would somebody be able to post the address for the results website. I cant find anything on the horrendously badly designed dit.ie

have to go back through my email to find it anytime i want to check the results...

here it is http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm
    you can also check when your results are out if you click your school over on the left.

mine are out on the 14th, seems like ages compared to last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Cremo wrote:
    have to go back through my email to find it anytime i want to check the results...

here it is http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm
    you can also check when your results are out if you click your school over on the left.

mine are out on the 14th, seems like ages compared to last year.

Excellent cheers :)
    Seems mine are out this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

My results were supposed to be out on the 8th,but when i login it just says that the exam boards are ongoing etc.

And i didn't get an email yet either!:confused::confused:

Beekay wrote:
    My results were supposed to be out on the 8th,but when i login it just says that the exam boards are ongoing etc.

Exact same thing happened to me... I rang up and the mod office only says that exam boards are still meeting, yet I'm pretty sure they can't still be meeting if they've released the results for the rest of the year. They're probably posted up in college. If you can't access them online now, I guess you never will. :(

Beekay wrote:

Have other people in your class got results? They probably changed the date of the exam board and just didn't update the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

my exam board was today so ye they are still running
    there is the complete calendar sayin also when the results will be available on the modularisation website

my exam board must of just finished up as the results up now :D weren't suppose to be up until tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Does anybody have the address for non modularised programme results. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Oh dear...

results out, and all I can say is.... lol.

Het-Field wrote:
    Does anybody have the address for non modularised programme results. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

They are not available online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh yes... only delighted i am.

Although i will agree, that website is a disaster. Was like going through a maze to find my results.

• Advertisement

Hurray, even more fun in the glorious world of DIT. I went into college to see if results were posted up anywhere, but no, they're only available...but I can't access them online. Then, as if by magic, I noticed that someone was in the mod office late and after a lil chat it turns out that if you're doing external repeats the exam boards meet later... yet she didn't know when.

I'm so glad this was communicated to me by email, or on the website, or in documentation... oh hang on... wait.. no.

I got the email for my exam pin reminder....but the service is unavailable at the moment:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Beekay wrote:
    I got the email for my exam pin reminder....but the service is unavailable at the moment:rolleyes:

I wouldnt expect them to be up and running at 2 in the morning.

orla wrote:
    Oh yes... only delighted i am.

Although i will agree, that website is a disaster. Was like going through a maze to find my results.

I agree its not a great website buts a maze???

Go to the page and click on the link in the middle of the page, its hardly difficult in fairness.

orla wrote:
    I wouldnt expect them to be up and running at 2 in the morning.

Other websites have the ability to be working 24/7.....why not a website belonging to an institute of technology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

Beekay wrote:
    Other websites have the ability to be working 24/7.....why not a website belonging to an institute of technology?

Maybe to backup their systems or databases? 2am would seem like a good time to do something like that when not many people would be using the syetem.

And now even though i was sent my pin reminder,the results still are not available.DIT are great!

Beekay wrote:
    And now even though i was sent my pin reminder,the results still are not available.DIT are great!

Working fine for me. Maybe contact your exams office.

It seems to be down at the mo, too.

• Advertisement

It seems to be down at the mo, too.

Not for me. Maybe something wrong with your computer.

Advertisement