Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Service In Dublin

Options
  • 05-06-2007 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am sorry if this has been done to death here already but can anyone recommend where to get my bike serviced (first time)?

I just want someone good and I doubt Halfords would be an option me would they ?

Thanks in advance.
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Cycleways in Parnell St. are good but expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

If you bought the bike in Halfords then bringing it to anyone else for servicing is pretty cheeky (a different wording could be used). The quality of Halford's mechanics probably varies depending on which store, but they should be allright for the work on the sort of bikes they sell.

I'm not knocking Halfords (I ride a bike from them myself), but I do all my own setup and maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Stereophonic

More or less, they will all do the same job if it's a relativity new bike. I'd would bring it to my nearest Bike shop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Your first service is normally free where ever you buy it - so definitely avail of this first.
    Cycleways are very good, but probably a little expensive for your needs.

In relation to Halfords bikestore - I find their knwoledge and level of service an absolute disgrace. If you bought it there, get your free service, but then go to your local bike shop in future.

A basic service can sometimes mean as little as lubing your chain, pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure and adjusting rubbing breaks. A full service will cost you around 60-120m. Best to learn to do the basics yourself, and get things done as they happen.

Advertisement