Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting to Australia

Options
  • 05-06-2007 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, i wish to post a large package to Australia, as i'm moving to Sydney in 2mths, but ill be travelling around NZ first.
    The package will be about 30-40kg. I 've heard of people sending packages from Sydney home, by boat etc.
    Does anyone know of any companies that accomodate this in Ireland?
    I can't find any cheap options with An Post.

Thanks for you help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm sure why this is in the Travel Reports and Reviews forum. I'm moving it to Abroad as people who have done this might have better information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

you could try these guys http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/index.aspx
    but might be cheaper to pay the excess baggage charge,it is working out cheaper for me to pay the excess baggage charge anyway.

hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Richie99

SoBe wrote:
    you could try these guys http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/index.aspx
    but might be cheaper to pay the excess baggage charge,it is working out cheaper for me to pay the excess baggage charge anyway.

hope it helps
    Yeah checked that site out, they need a minimum of 40kg for €199. Trying to get something a little cheaper.
    I'm going travelling for 6wks first so don't want to carry the extra luggage with me!
    I have an adddres to post stuff to in Auz

Cheers for the info though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

As far as I'm aware Seven Seas is your best option. Otherwise you can send packages via An Post. As long as a package is under 2kg it's classified as a letter and is a lot cheaper to post than a parcel. Might be worth your while sending things that way or even better, buying new things when you arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Richie99

Thanks, i did check An Post and they do seem to be the better option (although you can post nearlt 14kg in 2.5kg packages cheaper than one 10kg box!) explain that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Richie99 wrote:
    Thanks, i did check An Post and they do seem to be the better option (although you can post nearlt 14kg in 2.5kg packages cheaper than one 10kg box!) explain that one!

It's An Post. An explanation isn't necessary :p

Advertisement