Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just met John Cena,Randy Orton and Santino Marella in town

• 05-06-2007 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Just about an hour ago i was walking home from work down Dawson Street and walking right in front of me John Cena, Randy Orton and Santino. This is basically what we happend. Both Cena and Orton seemed nice bloke with Orton joking as some very good looking lady walked by, he said "They dont make them like that Missouri" Cena asked me where is a good spot in town for a drink and i told him Fitzsimons or Buskers so any stalkers out there you'll prob see Cena and the lads tonight having a drink.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, deadly. Stereotypical Randy too. Should've recommended somewhere nearer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

U luckt Bastar* , so jealous of you!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

:eek: :eek: Class!.......if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

not sure i am buying your story and here is why

Cena, randy and marella were on raw last night in Tampa. Raw finished at 11.15pm eastern standard time. Tampa is 1-1.5hours from the nearest international airport ie Orlando and Orlando is 9 hours flight time from Ireland and there is currently no direct flights that I know of so they would have to fly into somewhere like Manchester or London first. Now unless Cena for example rushed directly after Raw to catch a flight in Orlando at approx 2am there is no way he could be in dublin at 4.30 pm today. After all you claim to have met him at about the same time it is only 11.30am in Florida.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

rossie1977 wrote:
    not sure i am buying your story and here is why

Cena, randy and marella were on raw last night in Tampa. Raw finished at 11.15pm eastern standard time. Tampa is 1-1.5hours from the nearest international airport ie Orlando and Orlando is 9 hours flight time from Ireland and there is currently no direct flights that I know of so they would have to fly into somewhere like Manchester or London first. Now unless Cena for example rushed directly after Raw to catch a flight in Orlando at approx 2am there is no way he could be in dublin at 4.30 pm today. After all you claim to have met him at about the same time it is only 11.30am in Florida.

When you put it like that, I'd have to agree with you, but if the OP is telling the truth, your a lucky b*stard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Cool, tempted to head in just to see if they show up haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

WHY Would You Lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Lies turn small boys into temporary big boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NCIRL

I can honestly say im not liying iv flown to Orlando before and took only 5 and a bit hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Miami Airport?, That they don't make them like that in Missouri bit too who would say that hehe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Also would Marella a newcomer be out and about with two of the brands top stars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I meet Michelle Mc Cool and Brooke loads of times, but then i wake up. The Aboriginal people say the dream world is real. So there you go.

When i was in Australia i bought a cd with the didgeridoo sounds, it not only puts me into a trance to have these dreams about Brooke and Michelle, but this music put me into the dream world where i could pick teams to win the fantasy league. my secret is out.

rossie1977 wrote:
    Tampa is 1-1.5hours from the nearest international airport

I'm pretty sure there's a Tampa International Airport. Not sure about the times, but if they're not here tonight they'll be here tomorrow

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm pretty sure there's a Tampa International Airport. Not sure about the times, but if they're not here tonight they'll be here tomorrow

yes fozzy you are correct there is an international airport in Tampa, my bad :o British airways is the only one flying to Britain direct from there and it takes 8 hrs 30mins leaving at 6.45 pm each day.

I have also flown to Orlando and no way can you do it in 5 hours as the flight path takes you north of florida, georgia up close to New york (and New York to Ireland takes over 5 hours in itself)

I would be very surprised it they were here tonite. I met them all in New York and Chicago in 2004 and 2006 and some such as Taker checked into his hotel only a few hours before hall of fame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

NCIRL wrote:
    Just about an hour ago i was walking home from work down Dawson Street and walking right in front of me John Cena, Randy Orton and Santino. This is basically what we happend. Both Cena and Orton seemed nice bloke with Orton joking as some very good looking lady walked by, he said "They dont make them like that Missouri" Cena asked me where is a good spot in town for a drink and i told him Fitzsimons or Buskers so any stalkers out there you'll prob see Cena and the lads tonight having a drink.

ill be sceptical until i see some proof,surely you took a pic on your phone to prove it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

For international tours the whole roster travel together in a special charter flight. Id imagine they are prob in Ireland by now or will be in the next few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

So this is fake, how irconic ;)

looks like he aint lying,they are in dublin arrived from tampa today around 12,rang a friend of mine who works for ryanair in dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

did you ask cena why he is **** and for orton not to wreck any of our hotels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

NCIRL wrote:
    Cena asked me where is a good spot in town for a drink and i told him Fitzsimons or Buskers so any stalkers out there you'll prob see Cena and the lads tonight having a drink.

cena has stated many times in interviews that he doesn't drink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

He also said he dosent take steroids but im not believing that for a minute and could he not go and have a non-alcoholic drink?

forbesii wrote:
    He also said he dosent take steroids but im not believing that for a minute and could he not go and have a non-alcoholic drink?

Everything always goes back to ALL wrestlers taking steroids no matter what is being discussed.I guess that means that all olympic athletes take drugs:rolleyes:
    Gotta love how irish people make up claims without any proof ..............only because other people say otherwise(which must be right!!!!)

The guy specifically said that John cena asked for a place to have a "drink".Im sure that if it was non alcoholic drink that he wanted,he would have been happy enough to sip water in his hotel room.Because cena has said it time and time again that he does not drink,I think that we are being fed porkies by our friend that posted the thread;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Doesn't everyone have camera phones? Why no pics, I'd be fairly snap happy if I saw them.

Apparently Finlay visited Waterford Crystal today. One of my friends works in their sales division and he met him, got an autograph and a photo. I'm still not totally convinced its true, but I thought I might post it anyway and see if anyone else from Waterford heard it.

I haven't got a camera phone. I wouldn't go lookin for a picture either if I did have one and I met them. Do you think that all non-drinkers would be happier sitting at home with their water than going out to a bar with their mates?! "Somewhere for a drink" mightn't even have been the exact way Cena phrased it, but I'm sure it was the same idea. Maybe he was just trying to strike up some sort of conversation and be friendly. Maybe he was asking because one of the other wrestlers asked him to have a look around while he was out in town! I don't think you can just jump on the OP like that, especially since someone else has stated that the WWE guys have arrived here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

There were some american wrestlers in Pal Joeys in Temple Bar (opposite Eamon Dorans) when I left about 11. I haven't followed wrestling for about 5 or 6 years (apart from trish and stacey :p) so I wouldn't have known them but one of the lads I was with recognised them and got a photo with them.
    No-one seemed to know them in the place so they were just having some quiet drinks and not looking for any special treatment !

Looks like they didn't take NCIRL's recommendation!

i wonder which hotel theyre staying at? and did randy "hotel killer" orton but them on notice :)

krudler wrote:
    i wonder which hotel theyre staying at? and did randy "hotel killer" orton but them on notice :)

I have a fairly good idea of where you may find them;)

• Advertisement

Fatal don't keep it to yourself! Share the wealth, lol!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

fatal wrote:
    I have a fairly good idea of where you may find them;)

yeah spill the beans!!!

They are staying in the Westbury saw a load of them getting on a tour bus outside the hotel about 30mins ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

forbesii wrote:

I do, Cena competed as a bodybuilder when he was younger with the biggest drug tested natural federation in the world and he was bigger then than he is now. Cena is just lucky in that he has many natural advantages over other people. From what I have heard he trains hard and clever to maintain his condtion.

Finally, no offense to anyone here but people seem to think the second you have a decent amount of muscle you are on gear. I get asked regularly if I am "on steroids". It's a joke really.

Dragan wrote:
    I
    Finally, no offense to anyone here but people seem to think the second you have a decent amount of muscle you are on gear.

co-sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So theyre definitely staying in the Westbury then?

• Advertisement

I saw CM Punk, Santino Marella, Val Venis and a few others getting on bus right outside they looked to be going to the gym as they were dresses in tracksuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

CM PUNK? ....was'nt he not at last nights smackdown/ECW taping?...i read the spoilers, so he's doin awful well to be in ireland this morning considering those tapings would of only concluded at about 1am irish time last night? or was smackdown recorded with raw this week?

HBK wrote:
    CM PUNK? ....was'nt he not at last nights smackdown/ECW taping?...i read the spoilers, so he's doin awful well to be in ireland this morning considering those tapings would of only concluded at about 1am irish time last night? or was smackdown recorded with raw this week?

good spot HBK. yes CM Punk was on the ECW tapings last night in Orlando.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

fatal wrote:
    cena has stated many times in interviews that he doesn't drink

I seem to remember on smackdown a few years ago when wwe first came to ireland they did a video following cena round belfast and they did show him and fit finly ( before he wrestled in the ring) tucking into a pint of guinness in a traditional irish pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This has to be one of the funniest threads i've read here. :)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I saw Hulk Hogan and the Fabulous Moola get their hair cut at the barbers in town today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

fatal wrote:
    co-sign

Indeed and i don't even go to the gym.

I met most of the stars today.I Even got a pic with cena!!!
    I spoke to khali for a couple of minutes when he was coming back from the gym to the hotel.He was a really sound guy and he is a ****ing beast!!!.All the rest for some reason weren't really up for taking pictures

The Bull wrote:
    I seem to remember on smackdown a few years ago when wwe first came to ireland they did a video following cena round belfast and they did show him and fit finly ( before he wrestled in the ring) tucking into a pint of guinness in a traditional irish pub.

Im just going by what he said and him being a former bodybuilder,I dont think that he has suddenly taken up drinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

fatal wrote:
    I spoke to khali for a couple of minutes when he was coming back from the gym to the hotel.He was a really sound guy and he is a ****ing beast!!!.All the rest for some reason weren't really up for taking pictures

you just hanging around the westbury??!

evad_lhorg wrote:
    you just hanging around the westbury??!

cant say:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw Umaga and the Great Khali the other day in Easons talking to a few lads from Cork. I couldn't understand what they were saying. The lads from Cork that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Anyone know for definite where they are staying? Have my doubts about the Westbury, was there for a little while yesterday and not a sign of anyone. Be sound Fatal, going home tonight and would be pretty cool to get a few autographs, or anyone else who might know where they are staying. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

fatal wrote:

Show us the pictures you took - photographic evidence is essential!!

Show us the pictures you took - photographic evidence is essential!!
    Of course I will post pics but it wont be til tomorrow;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement