Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD recorder + DivX player €99

• 05-06-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hi all - just wondering if anyone here picked up one of the Plustron DVD recorders (model number BDR1300)from Dunnes (€99) - its also a DivX player.

It also has a USB-B socket on the front of it and uses DVD+/-R disks.

Looks like a bargain! Plustron are usually good (crappy remote, but easy to use).

Anyone had any experience with this model? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

Doodlebug wrote:
    Plustron are usually good

HAHA!!

you get what you pay for is all i'm going to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I don't think anyone is expecting a Sony model when they open the box... But for 99 squid, a basic recorder/player with DivX - even if it only lasted a couple of years - would be fine by me.

Have you bought some Plustron products you were unhappy with?

I'd be interested in hearing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i bought one YEARS ago and would never touch them again. it went faulty very soon after purchase and then i had a nightmare trying to get it repaired. ended getting a refund and then putting extra cash to it and bought a decent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 matressmonkey

Yip, just bought one yesterday and about to watch Bourne Ultimatum ripped [DIVx] tonight on it!

fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

I just purchased the same thing in Dunnes Stores Plustron BDR1300 DVD recorder.

99 eu is too good to be true and I should have known it, it seems to have a problem with the sound:
    - in practically all my dvds the dialogue is inadudible
    - the sound effects are audible, you can hear car screeches and music
    - the typographic English translation is switched on

I can turn the last issue off through the DVD menu, but I was wondering what, if anything, can be done to fix it. The Setup menu has nothing obvious to fix the problem. So far I have tried using different Scart cables and even the three way wire alternative to no avail.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Liam747

I have the same problem. On mine it seems to be related to the visually impaired sound track. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

Liam747 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. On mine it seems to be related to the visually impaired sound track. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem.

Hello, can anyone help me please. I've a plustron bdr1300 and cant get sound other than some music. for fil, I just get subtitles. I've tried to reset but to no avail. Any help appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dappper

hey does anyone have a remote for one of these with the usb function please reply i know this is an old thread but i will pay good money for the remote or the whole lot dvd player thanks. will look at this thread reguarly thanks.

Advertisement