Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Maynooth

Options
  • 05-06-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone locally has any advice on the best Broadband to get in Maynooth. We don't have a phoneline. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

have a look at www.maynooth.org

ice
    digiweb

are 2 that do not need a phone line.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Thanks Slumped :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

clearwire is advailiblein manooth also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Don't go with Clear Wire. Friend has it and it drops connectinon every so often for no reason. That and all the other reasons not to go with Clearwire like crap service, blocked ports etc.., just search these forums.

We have Irish Broadband and it is good for the most part. Contention is a little higher than I'd like but what can you do? 90% of the time, speeds are great but when I just get home in the evening they are slow (fine for web browsing and small downloads but crap for big downloads). You need to get Breeze to get decent service from Irish Broadband AFAIK which requires an attachment to your house.

Digiweb are also well worth a look.

I don't trust Ice because they don't even have a coverage map in the coverage map section on their website. They used to but took it down and replaced it with a contact us message.

There are probably others. If you are getting cable then you'll probably be able to get it from NTL (read reports here too as they aren't great but I know some people who are happy with it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 buckie

i have the irish broadband breeze 2mb, well thats what im paying for anyway but lucky if i 1mb.
    it does require an antenna to be attacheed to your chimney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

Does anyone have Ripwave Plus with Irish Broadband?
    I'm moving to Lyreen Manor next week and I don't want to get a landline installed or have an aerial!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭MickH503

MayMay wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone locally has any advice on the best Broadband to get in Maynooth. We don't have a phoneline. Thanks.

I'd also recommend avoiding Clearwire - had it for a year and it was mostly ok for email and surfing the web, but nothing else - no ptp, no voip, customer service left alot to be desired too. I got a phoneline in and have DSL now from Eircom.

Advertisement