Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Issue

Options
  • 05-06-2007 8:09pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    Sorry if in wrong forum, but I have a sig pic and link to my blog for selfbuilding.

I received a PM from Dulpit of the Sig Police last week to tell me that they were not happy with the sig.
    So I changed it and downsized the text on it. PM'd them back and they said they were now happy with the sig.

Then yesterday I noticed that my sig had been snipped without PM or notification, I queried with Dulpit about this but was informed that they did not do it, so can someone tell me who did, why is there a problem with the sig when I am informed by Dulpit that the sig is fine, and why I was not given a reason.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sometimes Admins and Smods delete sigs as we are browsing boards. That was probably me that deleted it. What was the image?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

U old dog Gordon! ;)

It was a pic of a Yoplait bottle, a United Crest, and the sea all in a rectangular shape, I have had it for the guts of 3 years!!! It was made up for me donkeys ago here on boards, dont even know the linky now to be honest!!!

Finally found the pic!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/stormforce/yopsig.png

Had it only 1.5 years, sorry, it felt longer!!!

Hmm, I'm not sure if that was me as I don't recall doing that.

However, it is still a tad big. :/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Fair enough Gordon, but it is no bigger than anyone who has a sig pic and text on the threads below?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055102920
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055102740&page=2
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055102745

I'm going to restore the sig pic and tighten up all blank lines, that will be shrunk down to the last point then, in fairness to Dulpit they contacted me and discussed it, clearing a sig without notice I don't think is good practice especially when I had discussed this with another person from SigPolice

How does that look now Gordon? I took the head off the sig and rammed down all text to size 1.

• Advertisement

Technically it is still too big at 350px.
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

But it is small in size kilobytes and not high, I don't have a problem with it personally.

I had a look at some of those sigs and they seem within the image size limitations afais.

Ah right, sorry, I will see if I can used paint to size it down!! Not sure if I can or not but will give it a whirl.

Final draft!!! ;) - I really should read the rules!!! Sorry for the hassle!

No prob yop.

Advertisement