Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Renault Laguna 3 - Leaked Pictures

Options
  • 05-06-2007 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Is it just me or does everyone else thing this thing is ugly.Interiors not bad but everything else is off the wall.

Pictures should be fixed there now

carscooplagunaiii22cl9.th.jpg

carscooplagunaiii21dw4.th.jpg
    carscooplagunaiii22sr7.th.jpg
    carscooplagunaiii10jk4.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

your pictures don't seem to work.

tvr wrote:
    Is it just me or does everyone else thing this thing is ugly.Interiors not bad but everything else is off the wall.

Carscoop_LagunaIII_22.jpg
    Carscoop_LagunaIII_21.jpg

Carscoop_LagunaIII_10.jpg

Your images arn't working because you are hotlinking them.

Save them and upload them to the thread or use http://imageshack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Looks harmless enough to me. No more or less anonymous than any other Renault saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

news_laguna0607.jpg
    3212-03.jpg

If they made their interiors a bit sturdier and employeed real people rather than the village idiots they currently have wiring their cars up; they might get somewhere.

The outside looks good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Reminds me of the Citroen C6:-

C6
    CitroenC6M_m.jpg

Laguna III
    news_laguna0607.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

My thought were the C6 when I saw the front too, and looks a little like the new Mondeo from the back, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

And at the end of the day, it will still probably be a bucket of shíte! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It looks fairly generic. But considering the ugly beast they churned out when they tried to be different with the new Megane, I see that as a good thing.

Although looking at the enlarged pics, it seems to have retained some of the new Megane's boxy, angular design.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

*looks around for junkyard* :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Sorry about that I had an upset stomach after seeing that new bucket of sh*te from Renault. I have to say though, I drove a Citroen C6 diesel the other day and it's an amazing car to drive and I like the styling. Would I pay the money for one? Definitely not.:D

junkyard wrote:
    Sorry about that I had an upset stomach after seeing that new bucket of sh*te from Renault. I have to say though, I drove a Citroen C6 diesel the other day and it's an amazing car to drive and I like the styling. Would I pay the money for one? Definitely not.:D

It'll be cheap enough next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Max_Damage wrote:
    And at the end of the day, it will still probably be a bucket of shíte! :D
    Dead right! Even in the concept one, all the switches are probably broken!

Quint wrote:
    Dead right! Even in the concept one, all the switches are probably broken!

That's unfair, this may be a very reliable well built car.... Give it a chance.

(But you are right, it probably will be ****e, but you never know!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Come on colm! Even you must generalise on this one

colm_mcm wrote:
    That's unfair, this may be a very reliable well built car.... Give it a chance.

(But you are right, it probably will be ****e, but you never know!)
    I know it will be sh*te just like the rest of the range.:D

that makes you look blinkered, Junkyard. I'd give it a chance ;)

Quint wrote:
    Come on colm! Even you must generalise on this one
    Try selling one and give warranty with it and get back to us.;) :)
    Would you sell me one and stand over it Colm? Not manufacturers warranty but your own warranty? I wouldn't........not in a million years. P.S. Colm, yer man is calling to me tomorrow about the Merc so I'll let you know.

Ah yeah, As you know I won't sell any used French cars myself. but It's a little unfair to presume that this new Laguna will be as unreliable as the old ones.
    (cheers bout the merc)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,341 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks ok if not a bit boring. Most recent Renaults had more in the looks department than this Laguna III. Said that, Citroen is the only one with big design balls :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I generally like Renault styling but not this one. It's very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I prefer the current car, but I wouldn't buy either of them !

IMO it looks more like the C5 from the front though !

I passed some new Mondeos the other day, being off loaded at a dealer in the Midlands.............looked very French to me !!

Not what I was expecting as I didn't pay much attention to previously published photos, but when I saw it innthe flesh it looked very Un-Ford like !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

Looks the same as the new Mondeo which loooks the same as the 407 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Gorgeous looking, very clean sleek and tidy. Thumbs up on this one! and still retains aspects of the old one- very good progressive styling . it actually looks like a New Laguna rather than a totally new weird car . (if only BMW could do the same)

Im sure thats the top line 3.0 v6 , more than likely we wont see any over here with dual exhausts and nice big wheels etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It looks ok. I still wouldn't buy one in a fit however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Interior dash looks similar to E90 Beemers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

From Company Car Driver website:
    "Quality and build issues have blighted the Laguna name but Renault claims the new version will be “among the top three in its segment” in terms of product and service quality. "

Headline on the e-mail was along the lines of "Renault promise fantastic reliability on new Laguna" - much the same as that Italian (I think) politician who promised blow jobs to all the men who voted for her. Sounds promising, but we all know it's never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There is supposed to be a Laguna Coupe launched but using the mechanics of a Nissan. Why is there no Laguna Saloon? In this segment since the 21, you are offered a hatchback or an Estate?

I'm having serious concerns for the future of Nissan if they keep hanging out with Renault, what are they thinking........that it's some kind of a good idea? I can see the rot setting in with Nissan already, build quality is sinking fast and so is the styling. Take a look at the latest Micra, what a mess, bits of plastic floating around under the seats, sloppy controls and a powersteering system with a life of its own, it's nearly as bad as a Clio already.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It's boring looking already and it hasn't even been released yet!!

C5 front end, Skoda Superb from the side, and a Megane saloon arse. Could have been much nicer looking, very disappointing. The interior looks awful.

Advertisement