Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a Matiz engine

Options
  • 05-06-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Howyall,

Anybody know where theres a matiz (circa '00) in a breakers yard with an engine in it. Thought this might be the best way to find one as I've not got the time to be ringing around the country during working hours. Have a '00 with a head gasket gone (3rd time). Gonna ditch the engine, check the rad and get a replacement engine in there. Bought the car for euro300 and want to fix it up, NCT it and sell it.

????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I remember seeing a Matiz about 2-3 months ago (weather it is still there, I don't know) in the scrappy across from the Red Cow, just off the M50. Don't know the phone number of the place, but I'm sure they'll be on directory enquires. They're fairly cheap too, I do all of my motoring shopping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

good good, thats a start Max, will look into that tomorrow, anyone else out there in happy breaker yard browsing land?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just a thought but would the Matiz use the same 1.0 litre 3 cylinder 12 valve engine found in the Opel Corsa since both companies are ownd by GM?

You might also try www.traynors.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

bazz26 wrote:
    Just a thought but would the Matiz use the same 1.0 litre 3 cylinder 12 valve engine found in the Opel Corsa since both companies are ownd by GM?

No, they are different engines. The Opel uses the GM Family 0 engine, while the Daewoo uses the S-Tec engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Max_Damage wrote:
    No, they are different engines. The Opel uses the GM Family 0 engine, while the Daewoo uses the S-Tec engine.

Oh ok, it was a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

There's a monster yard in Kilcock. Could give them a shout.

Advertisement